1,321 results
All reviews kids eat free front desk upgraded to a suite breakfast buffet busch gardens pool and hot tub bypass road would definitely stay here again two queen beds sitting room living area william and mary spring break housekeeping staff fitness center visitor center family vacation
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We used to live in VA while my Husband went to W&M law. We were down for a moot court judging and we brought the kids...10 and 18. The college put us up in this hotel. It was super clean, nice, and unassuming. The pool was clean. The hot tub us very hot. The gym does not have a lit but you should find something you can do. The hotel is close to all if williamsburg sites as well. The hotel has a restaurant but we only ate there for breakfast and it was only ok.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Donna F

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure hosting your group this past weekend. I am not sure how to take surprisingly nice but I appreciate the compliments about your stay.

Thank you for your comments about breakfast as we continue to use guest valuable input to improve services at the hotel. We look forward to you next stay when visiting Williamsburg.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I was so impressed at the service at this location.

The star for me was Hetal at the front desk as upon checkout I notified her of my lost ring and she promised to put on "the hunt" and lo and behold 2 days after checkout she called to tell me that it had been found. It is now back on my hand and I am so grateful...not for the cost but the sentimental value.

BUT the key to this visit was a meeting I was attending and everyone to a person was exceptional. Amy the Manager, Roma, Mira, Allysa, Brandon, KJ, Yolly, Sarah, Rachel, and Rochelle - you could tell this was a great team and having been a Corp Meeting Plannner for Random House Publishers all over the world - I know a good team when I see it...and they were terrific and took great pride in their property and their jobs

Anyone who wants to stay in a great place when visiting this historic town would be well suited to stay here.

Room Tip: We were on the back side so guessing anything away from the street is good - but this didn't appear to be an issue for anyone
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Polly S

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Gateway. Hetal does an outstanding job with detail and follow up. I am glad to see your ring was recovered and intact.

I truly believe we have the best team in Williamsburg and when I see reviews like this, it confirms my beliefs. I am so proud of our team and thank you very much for visiting our property. We look forward to your next visit to Colonial Williamsburg.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I'll start with the Hits. I asked for an early check in, our room was ready when we arrived at 2:30. Everyone at the hotel was welcoming and cheerful. The entire property was clean and well kept. Our room was very nice, perhaps a little drab and dark...but spotless. The bed was extremely comfortable, my husband and I slept like logs. Now for the Misses. We decided to have a drink at the bar the first evening. We went in 30 minutes after opening...no bartender. I went to the front desk and they found him. Ordered Gin and Tonics. Had trouble locating Gin then made drinks with no lime. Asked for lime, was offered cherries...in a Gin and Tonic ! No stir stick, no napkin...he found a lime. Second drink...told me I could have more ice if I wanted, left my ice low so he could tell the drinks apart. He could have just given us new glasses. No new lime in the glass, had to ask again. Went behind the bar and got my own stirrers and napkins. Husband and I had two so-so drinks each for a total of $30.80...lesson learned. Sorry Holiday Inn, Embassy Suites would have given me 2 hours of free drinks at the Managers reception. We chose the Bed and Breakfast Option. Very limited selection. The food was fine but we would have appreciated a more variety. We passed the second morning. We're used to complimentary breakfasts at other chains and rarely have to pay for breakfast...lesson learned. All in all, I hate to complain. It wasn't a bad experience, just had a few bumps when it came to food and drinks.

Stayed: February 2018

LIsa R

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad to see that most of the stay was good. I am sorry about the bartender and the lack of the understanding of making drinks. That day we did not have a bartender and the server who worked the bar was unfamiliar with a lot of drinks. I have reviewed with that server on the proper way to make drinks and moving forward should not happen again.

We hope you will visit again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Loved the staff! They made our conference spectacular! Hetal! Wonderful! Roma, Mira Alyssa and Yolly gave us great service! Sarah and Donna were terrific and Roswell! Branden and the tech or engineer Norman? Amy was wonderful working with me the whole time! We will be Back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good!
Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

pkcorder

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review about our staff. Each and everyone of the staff members you recognized are amazing people that really care about our guests. I am very happy to see you had a great stay and we look forward to your next visit to the Holiday Inn & Suites Historic Gateway in Williamsburg.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Here for a weekend CONFerence. so well taken care of, personal attention to each detail, gorgeous rooms, clean, love the housekeeping staff, kind, courteous, we shall do next year here again........GREAT food and service..........OVER the TOP !!!

Room Tip: love 3rd and 4th floor
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Michael G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, Williamsburg-Historic Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Jeannette y

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Gateway in Williamsburg. I am glad to see that you had a excellent stay and we look forward to your group returning. Our team is dedicated to making sure the guest has a wonderful experience and it was nice to see you did. Our team thought your entire conference were amazing people and hope to continue a long relationship.

Maybe we will see you or a visit to the area with your family and if so we will be waiting.