“Fun to do, but wasn't a fan of the wine!”

Williamsburg Winery
Ranked #26 of 107 things to do in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on a 320-acre farming site (known locally as Wessex Hundred), Williamsburg Winery is known for its award-winning Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband and I enjoy going to wineries and breweries. We decided to visit the Williamsburg winery and do a wine tasting. The cost was $15 to sample 7 of their higher-end wines (you keep the glass!). I'm a Dry red wine drinker so I choose the wines that represented that. Out of 6 Dry red wines I only liked the Williamsburg 2015 Williamsburg Reserve ($40 a bottle!).
When entering the tasting room you stand at a wooden "bar" table. I know that this is the case at most tastings, but I thought having some light music, and bar stools, would allow for more enjoyment of the tasting.
We did not take the tour. Not a bad experience. I do recommend!

1  Thank tamslivnsimple
"tasting room"
in 54 reviews
"our tour guide"
in 70 reviews
"the gabriel archer tavern"
in 21 reviews
in 30 reviews
"spend an afternoon"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Went for the touring and tasting. Sarah was our guide and she was great! You get to see the how they age and bottle their wines while the guide explains the process. Afterwards we got to taste 8 different wines. It took about an hour and costs $12 a person which is a great deal! We bought 2 bottles, and next time we're in Williamsburg we'll come back for the Reserve tour and tasting. I definitely recommend the Williamsburg Winery whether you're really into wine or just getting interested in wine.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I live in VA and have been to Williamsburg several times in my younger days but our visit last weekend really amazed me. We walked around for almost 4 hours and still didn't see it all. The amount of attention and care these people put into showing what it was like 250+ years was unexpected. Also seeing how many people from out of state visited was pretty cool as well. Make sure you pay for the ticket that allows access to everything. You can walk around for free, but you can't get into the really cool stuff without a ticket. One recommendation, bring your own lunch/snack. Prices for food is pretty steep. But the places you can eat may be worth it to some visitors. Highly recommend visiting Colonial Williamsburg. Way more interesting than I expected.

1  Thank Va-Ump
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Our group of three enjoyed a tasting at the winery while visiting Williamsburg. We all enjoyed the selections and ended up purchasing three to take home. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful.