“Wanted to Give a Five, but....”
Review of Aberdeen Barn

Aberdeen Barn
Ranked #66 of 415 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Mike, our server, was not friendly at all. Food pricey, but excellent. Ambiance was like an old steak house, very appropriate.

3  Thank Bob L

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Our waiter seemed super pissed that he had to wait on us. He never used any language such as "ma'am, sir, please and / or thank you". He never cracked a smile, and at one point he actually lifted our bread basket which grabbed the tooth pick thing on my husband's blood mary and then dropped right smack dab in my water (my only drink). He never said sorry, he never offered get me a clean glass of water, he just smirked like it was a party trick, and kept going. The cheese and (hard) breaksticks were Yummy, the salad was just bleh, and the steaks that we all got, were poorly seasoned and extremely thin. We order our steaks med-rare so since they were so thin, the fat was never rendered and it was just ugly and gross and without any taste. The atmosphere was chill but definitely needs updating. Felt like an 80's smoke / old boys club with wood paneling. Our check was over $160 for a family of four and our service and food, was nothing to write home about. Next time, I'd rather have gone to Outback.

2  Thank Brandy M
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Incredible dinner, appetizer was Wisconsin cheddar & breadsticks, with soup or salad. Really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and our dinner was perfectly cooked.

1  Thank mjkipp
Reviewed 29 March 2018

The restaurant was cozy and warm. The decor needs updating including seats. We were there on a Saturday, felt they were under staffed as it took a while for them to take our order. The steaks were on the high side for this area, and were ok. Pricing was about $20 less than what you would pay at Ruth Chris or The Palm. But considering the area compared to metropolis pricing they were $6-$10 over. Food was cooked well no issues. Side items left some desire. Basic items such as long grain rice and red skin mashed potatoes. Really no great side items that set themselves apart. I would have been happy to pay extra for some creamed spinach or Asparagus. The mixed drinks were well made and priced.

1  Thank neal1
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

When we walked in I thought we were walking into a 1960s steakhouse. I was hoping I would be able to write "don't judge a book by it's cover". But alas I couldn't. After being seated we were promptly greeted by someone with water and crackers. Our waiter soon followed. My wife ordered chicken cordon blue and i got the New York strip. The water cups were kept full, the salads came promptly followed soon by our meals. The chicken was OK, the mashed potatoes were quite tasty but my steak was significantly overcooked. When told, the waiter promptly got me another ordered and it came fairly quickly, cooked just right. The biggest problem is I don't think the steak was cooked with any seasoning, not even salt and pepper. Everything was served the same way it would have been served in the 60's, old tired bowls for the salad, the spinning condiment tray for the baked potato fixings, etc. All of the physical attributes need to be updated, food needs to seasoned but the service was great.

2  Thank Brad W