“You can't go wrong”

Ranked #49 of 425 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: At Captain George's our food is prepared fresh daily on premises, everything from our homemade salads and dressings, to our secret seafood casserole recipes, to our freshly baked desserts and authentic Greek pastries. So come and enjoy the World Famous Captain George's Seafood Buffet, and we promise you won't leave hungry! Our all you can eat seafood buffet features over 70 items. The story of Captain George's is truly an American success story. From humble beginnings and an immigrant's dream of a better life for his family, a revolutionary concept in seafood dining was born. Debuting in the late 1970's, Captain George's has always provided guests with the ultimate dining experience serving premium seafood by an experienced staff in an upscale setting, and for this, people have been lining up at the doors since the beginning. Captain George's has grown from a single restaurant to four current locations with sights always set on future opportunities.
Reviewed 20 December 2017

I recently came home from the holiday from living in Germany, and I took a week to spend at Williamsburg at the time share in Greensprings Vacation Resort. I wanted some seafood and the welcome pamplet showed Captain's George Seafood, so I went there and they have everything a sea lover could want, from crab legs, oyster, fish, clams, shrimps....also for others steaks, soups, large salad bar....and desserts that I dare not touch....the service was good and I will truly be going back again before I leave by the end of the week.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

We enjoy Captain George’s whenever we visit a location that has one. Our last visit was Summer 2014 at their Myrtle Beach location. It’s been 10 years since we visited the Williamsburg location. We enjoyed it very much. The service was top notch and really made our visit nice. The food, while really good and plentiful, not quite as good as I remembered. For instance, there were no crab cakes to be found on the buffet and the imperial crab was made with imitation crab meat. On a positive note, they still Alaskan Snow Crab legs and now they also offer Dungeness Crab legs as well. We will visit again.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Took out of town guests (party of 5) for dinner on Saturday. (They open at 2:30 on Saturdays.) Restaurant gets very busy very quickly. They do have a menu you can order from....but most folks get the buffet ($34.95 per person). Drinks (coffee, tea, alcohol) are all extra. Basics like coffee and tea should be included with the buffet. Food is plentiful (lots of salads, sides, all sorts of seafood, chicken, ribs, beef and desserts). I liked the "handler" at the crab leg station. Everyone gets a nice rack of legs (max of 3 per plate) and the restaurant does not have so much waste. Our server was prompt in cleaning away plates/shells. If you like seafood, this is a good place to get your fill.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

A old military buddy & I opted to drive up here on Veterans Day & boy am I glad we did.
As we entered the parking lot, the line wrapped around the building and we almost opted not to park.
Speaking of parking, we were all the way in the back, near the trees. It was dark, but Capt Georges lot was ample and lit.
We connected with other vets in the line and formed a party if six. Being that size gratuity was applied, but we got accelerated searing!!!!

We were sat in a large rear room and got to walk by the buffet, restrooms, and bar.
Virtually anything you could think of seafood wise was on that buffet in great supply.
They provide crab crackers and buckets for your discards...
The soups I tried were great.

They even had a seafood my. & chz that I went back for more!
I plan to return again soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

great buffet, been to Myrtle Beach and this is much better. Food fresh, great service , clean and very nice atmosphere. Plenty to choose from and a big variety. Highly recommend