“Met our expectations”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Met our expectations”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My husband and I just returned from New Year's weekend in Williamsburg and stayed at Kingsgate. The unit was nice, well appointed and the location was great. We were so busy that we didn't use the amenities, but everything looked well cared for. I should have known better, but you are best served to pass on the free breakfast and sales presentation unless you are really interested in the Wyndham vacation club. We would return again and skip that....

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sthompsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Nice clean property......very big and all Condo-type units look the same. Room was NOT ready upon check in.......and had no where / nothing to do in meantime. No elevators either. Adult pool had kids in it. centrally located to DT Williamsburg. Priucy and hidden fees, (we were using timeshare points and were charged $30 per night cleaning and atcitivy fee!!!!) FURIOUS! We left a day early.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank NikkiHP
Irvington, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My family and I stayed at the Kingsgate over the Christmas holiday and had an awesome time! Everyone enjoyed the activities at the hotel which included a game room with all kinds of video games, pool table and air hockey, outdoor miniature golf and tennis courts. The weather was great so both the indoor and outdoor pools were able to be utilized and the hot tub. We had a first floor 1 bedroom and a 2nd floor 2 bedroom in nearby buildings and never had a problem with noise. Although it is a timeshare property, we had fully expected no housekeeping and the hotel staff was very helpful. The beds were great as well and the surround sound system was a nice surprise. The hotel is very close to shopping and tourist attractions. Williamsburg is a lovely area!

Room Tip: They do have connecting rooms but I didn't request it when I made my reservation and there was n...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We just stayed at the Wyndham Kingsgate this last weekend, for some Christmas shopping at the outlets and a visit to Christmastown at Busch Gardens. This is actually my third visit here but my first review. After another lovely stay I felt I had to write on how happy we have always been staying here. This year the whole family took over one side of building 39 and as usual our rooms were spacious and clean. I love the convenience to everything as well. It always seems we never have time to partake in the activities but this year we did rent some DVD’s from the club house. I appreciate how well the grounds are kept and I really just love the colonial décor. I would suggest that this is just a great place for families to stay and save some money since the kitchens have everything you need! Love Mama Steve’s Pancake house and Food for Thought restaurant is absolutley great!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LaLaPhD
Maryland
Reviewed 17 December 2011

The Kingsgate is an above average resort. The Grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The staff were very friendly and performs their job efficiently. My room was clean and well equipped. There were no problems with noise that would prevent a good nights sleep. We stayed in an end unit on the 3th. floor. There are no elevators in any of the buildings. This could be a problem for older people or people with health conditions trying to carry luggage up 3 fights of steps. The most irritating things about Wyndham Kingsgate are the old televisions, today you would think every decent resort would have flat screen HD televisions. The Kingsgate has a mandatory $5.00 a day game room fee that will be charged even if you don't use the game room. Some people I spoke to found this objectionable and for this reason alone would not return to the Kingsgate. They have a written policy if you do no check out of your room after 10 am it will cost you $100 and there is a additional charge each hour after 10 am. Both of my door key cards stopped working at 9:10 am, the check out clerk claim they did not disable the door key cards. There are many better resorts that do not have the mickey mouse rules that you will experience at the Kingsgate resort. I will try other resorts at Williamsburg when I return in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a end unit away from ac units
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank intrepid9742
Travellers also viewed these Williamsburg hotels
5.8 km away
0.6 km away
Wyndham Patriots Place
Wyndham Patriots Place
#31 of 73 in Williamsburg

Been to Wyndham Kingsgate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Kingsgate

Property: Wyndham Kingsgate
Address: 619 Georgetown Cres, Williamsburg, VA 23185-3029 (Formerly Fairfield Williamsburg at Kingsgate Resort)
Region: United States > Virginia > Williamsburg
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 Green Hotel in Williamsburg
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Williamsburg
#23 Family Hotel in Williamsburg
Price range (per night): $155 - $604
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Kingsgate 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Kingsgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Kingsgate Hotel Williamsburg