“First Night ok / second not so good.”
Review of Sal's By Victor

Sal's By Victor
Ranked #16 of 418 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Monticello Avenue
Transit: There is a bus stop close in front of the shopping center.
Description: Sal’s by Victor is a family run restaurant specialized in both southern and northern Italian cuisine. We’ve been serving Williamsburg and the surrounding areas since 1974. The restaurant was originally founded by Salvatore (Sal) who named the restaurant after himself. In 1990 Victor acquired the business from Sal and decided to keep the name, while at the same time giving the “by Victor” touch.Chef Vittorio Minichiello (Victor) was raised on a farm in Mirabella Eclano, in the Avellino region of Italy. He studied food arts at the Culinary Institute of Summonte Italia and has worked in some of the finest eateries in Europe, including La Cheminee in Paris, Giardino da Bruno in Rimini and Partenio in Naples.Today, he is a member of the Italian Chef’s Association and brings his world-class expertise to Williamsburg.Our Most Famous Dish is “Cavatoni alla Capri” together with our famous “New York Style Pizza”. We have been voted as the Virginia Gazette’s “Best in Williamsburg” for Best Italian Restaurant since 1996.After the 2009 fire the restaurant remodeled and enlarged with hand chosen artwork from Italian artists, capturing the beauty of the Italian vistas and creating a small slice of the old country here in Williamsburg.Sal’s by Victor’s mission is to treat all our “customers” as our guests and to make sure they leave the restaurant with a smile on their faces and a full stomach. We take complaints very seriously and always demand that our staff provide the best experience possible for our guests. We firmly believe that there is no better advertisement than a positive experience conveyed via word of mouth.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

While on vacation in Williamsburg , we found Sals by Victor, the place was a bit busy, but were seated quickly, we ordered our appetizers and main course, before we could finish our appetizers, the main course were being placed on our table.
The food was very tasty, but the pizza not so much, maybe I’m used to the best pizza in NY.
The rest of the meal was very tasty.
Since we liked the place and food we decided to go back the next night. The kids wanted pizza again , this time is was wet and soggy, not so good, the appetizers are the way to go . Avoid the pizza with toppings.
The service was a bit slow , but it was a busy place.
If we returned I would stick to main dishes and appetizers.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,024)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Last time I was here, we had Fabio, he was great, food was great, couldn’t have asked for better. Tonight, I don’t think our waitress really wanted to be there. After my daughter explained to her twice about what she wanted on her salad, it still came with tomatoes on it. My pasta was terrible, the sauce was not good, I could not eat it. Big disappointment since last time was so good.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great Italian restaurant. Enjoy the Italian meat appetizer for two. Could be for four. Had a pizza and pasta with calamari. Enjoyed both dishes. Had a nice Italian wine.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We took our food back from the place to eat at hotel. I loved the fried ravioli and my chicken parm. Pasta to me was clumped and over cooked. My son loved his veal dish but didn’t enjoy his pasta. And the risotto was over cooked but I blame that on the fact we picked up and brought back. Risotto is a tough dish. Flavors were good though. Will try again next time but will eat in then and see l.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We usually eat at Sal's by Victor every time we visit Williamsburg. The portions are generous and the food and service is always very good. My Meat Lovers Calzone was huge. I was barely able to eat half of it. My wife's pasta was also very good. We shared a small tossed salad that plenty for both of us. The house Italian dressing that's on the table is delicious.