All reviews la quinta pet friendly hotel waffles indoor pool busch gardens free breakfast would stay here again fridge and microwave cereal mattresses
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

There was a pervasive terrible smell all over the premises from the moment we entered this hotel. Our room, too, had an overpowering smell, but was clean and had a kitchenette. Apart from the smell, the only major problem we had with the room was the absence of blankets- the first night we stayed there, we froze as the bed was covered with only a thin cotton summer blanket. When we asked for a blanket, we got one more thin cotton spread for the 2nd day. This was totally unsustainable with an outside temperature in the 30's... Thankfully, we borrowed a warm dawn duvet from relatives and were able to sleep in comfort the next days. We stayed there for 3 nights and there was no service whatsoever all the time we stayed there. No one came to clean the room, or provide some more toiletries.
I very much doubt that we will ever stay there again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We were bumped from our room at the SpringHill Suites, so they arranged this room for us and covered the charge. We arrived around 1:00am. The guy behind the desk was very friendly. But when we got to our room, there was a something that looked like a dry blood going down the length of the door handle/lock ensemble. I doubt it was actually blood, but it looked like it. Whatever it was, it needed to be clean. We got inside and got an overall vibe that this place was not clean. At first I thought my initial feelings were just because the room was dated furniture wise. After a few minutes and after noticing some dirty things, my wife started pulled the sheets back to see orange dots on the mattress. I have no idea if that is evidence of bed bugs, but it looked similar to pictures I saw posted online of bed bug traces. There was a hair on the toilet seat (but I have seen that at other hotels), ripped up carpet, spots on the headboard, and other signs of a room that hasn't had a solid cleaning in a long time. It was bad enough that after 45 minutes, we decided to find a room at a nearby Holiday Inn, despite it being 2:00am.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ace15Ace
Reviewed 2 November 2017

The sheets and towels were immaculate and soft. The bed was very comfortable. The carpet looks brand new and was clean. The continental breakfast had a great variety with fresh fruit and yogurt. The public transit bus stop is located in front of the motel parking lot. I travel public transportation all the way so that convenience is much appreciated. I will definitely stay at this accommodation again and will recommend it to anyone wanting a great place to sleep when visiting the region.

Room Tip: I requested an upper level room and a room that has not accommodated dogs and management was happy to comply.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Wanda M
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Never stayed in a Mainstay before but group we were with got good corporate rate, so decision was made. The place doesn’t look like much from the road, no curb appeal. The room itself was just as advertised with the big kitchen area leading into the two double bed suite. Room was very clean and neat. Everything worked as it should. The bed was not worst we’ve ever slept on, just too firm. It needed a memory foam mattress.
Breakfast was ok, usual fare with the waffle maker, sausage and plenty of hot coffee. This large area is near indoor pool and looks pretty nice. The attendant kept all clean but breakfast should last longer than 9am. That’s too early to end it. 9:30 or 10 would be much better.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2017

After hearing the skitter of little feet, we finally caught one of the culprits. Unfortunately there are multiple insect infestations in this room. Probably hard to make out in the photos. Big roaches, little roaches and spiders. We also received insect bites on our legs. Photos enclosed. We will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family