“Good little hotel!”

Reviewed 30 November 2016

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I was very disappoint when I arrived into our room. It looked like a dump the bed was okay but walls had stains of smoke all over bathroom looked like it needed to be updated. The towels looked like they have never been changed. There was no housekeeping service. I was really appauled by the experenience. I had reserved the room do to our Black Friday shopping and it was very close to our destination. But next time I will only reserved with Marriott hotels.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2016

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Checked in around 4 PM. The room doors there are in desperate need of maintenance. I should know as I had the "luxury" of experiencing 2 rooms, having been moved from my first room. Both room doors were tricky to open. The reason for the first room was that when I pulled back the comforter, there was blood stains on my sheets!! Front desk did not have a spare set available behind the desk. Waited 20 minutes for a night housekeeper or maintenance guy (couldn't fully understand his role-but definitely appeared disgruntled) to seek out spare sheets. While I waited, I had the pleasure to witness a couple checking in where they wanted to confirm their reservation for a king room. The desk clerk (perhaps an owner or son of owner) said they have 2 queens and said , get this..."don't worry the queen is bigger than the king"!!!

At that point I requested a different room. My goal was to remain zen about the whole issue and while the owners knew my disappointment, I was determined to not let this issue control my mind space as I was in beautiful Colonial Williamsburg and had a whole day planned the next day that was tremendous. Aside from breakfast that morning at the nearby ihop which is another story.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Peter B, General Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites-Historic Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2016

I am sorry your stay was not what you expected. I will look in all of the issues you had during your stay and discuss with each department. We want all of our guest to happy and comfortable.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

I have to say, it was not a good visit. The bed was very uncomfortable, the pillows were too small for the king size bed they were on, I had a very restless night. The door, although had an extra lock on the inside, when not inside, could be pushed open from the outside, therefore having to take our things with us when we left the room, the waste can in the bathroom had dried up vomit on the inside and the sink was very slow draining, the TV remote did not operate the volume or turn the TV on/off, the ice machine on the main floor didn't work. In general, the whole place needs an upgrade, softer mattresses and pillows made for adults. The very best thing I can say is that it was easy access.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

I am sorry your stay was not what you expected. We want all of our guest to be happy. I will get with the appropriate departments and make sure they are on top of correcting any issues immediately.