“Overall quaint and good food”

Carrot Tree Kitchens
Ranked #3 of 25 Dessert in Williamsburg
Price range: USD 6 - USD 12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Willilamsburg's favorite scratch bakery and restaurant for 25 years! Now located at 135 Colony Square by the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Serving breakfast and lunch daily 8AM-4PM, 3 PM on Sundays, our bakery counter is open until 6PM Monday-Saturday, 4 PM on Sundays.
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

To start, the carrot cake was Amazing! The sampler platter was delicious and they offered a variety of wraps and salads to please everyone in our group, including a picky two year old. The only negative was the Brunswick stew. Both of the people in our party who had it said it was rather bland. That said, we would definitely return.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We had breakfast at the Carrot Tree and it was wonderful, fresh in a really cutely decorated restaurant. We also took a scrumptious piece of Carrot Cake to go and enjoyed it for dessert after dinner in the hotel. The restaurant has a bakery and small bar. The service was excellent in this cheery yellow restaurant located in a strip mall. Worth the visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We had a very good meal and excellent waitress. As a gluten free vegetarian it is often hard for me to find a tasty meal. This was excellent and even included one of the best Gluten free chocolate cakes ever. The trio of 8 year olds were delighted with grilled cheese, peanut butter, apples and chocolate cake. My husband enjoyed his bacon, tomato and avocado wrap immensely. He said the pecan bars and carrot cake he carried away were superb and worth returning for. Highly recommend this low key non-touristy restaurant.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Charming outdoor patio meal with family. Waitress so friendly and attentive. Food was good and ample and freshly made. Signature carrot cake the best carrot cake I've ever eaten! Will definitely return

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I love Carrot Tree! It's great. I often go in for their take-away options (not available every day). Food is tasty, both at the table and to go. Great baked items.

I will say that service at the takeaway counter varies. And that shouldn't be the case, because these are high-priced items.

When I experience bad service, it is often based on the server's feeling that he or she is not respected (at least, that's my experience). I'm kind to the people at the counter at Carrot Tree, but several could be a lot more respectful of their customers. Not just "Next!" but "How an I help you?"

2  Thank susanbranchsmith