“Best Wonton Noodle Soup”

Chopsticks Pho & Grill
Ranked #117 of 425 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Reviewed 11 May 2016

My family stayed at Great wolf lodge last week and I was craving some wonton soup. I'm glad I checked the reviews on help. My husband, mom and kids were too tired to come along so this mama went along. This place really does have the best wonton noodle soup in Virginia. The broth was clear but so flavorful, (not soy sauce filled) , the roasted pork was thin and genuinely delicious ( not thick filled with pink food coloring)... I wish we lived closer! I also ordered crispy spring rolls though they were okay, I have better. But their wonton noodle soup is really yummy. Oh, I forget to mention the staff is also very friendly!

Reviewed 1 May 2016

We enjoyed the round steak pho, the vegetation pho and a couple spring roles. Everything was delicious. The service was nice with a welcoming atmosphere. We were able to relax and never felt rush. We left extremely full.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Happy to have authentic good tasting PHO in Williamsburg! Food is as good as the PHO Restaurants in DC !! Large bowls are big enough for a chihuahua to swim in! Great food, clean restaurant, nice owners, and bubble tea coming soon! Very happy! cảm ơn!

Reviewed 27 April 2016

I had moved to Williamsburg from Northern VA and was sadden to find out that I would have to drive to Newport News to get decent Pho. Well, this place opened close to Nails Uptown so before heading to my nail appt I stopped in for lunch. Very clean place, not very busy but then again it was 90 degrees in Williamsburg today, heard the phone ring several times for carry-out which was encouraging and folks coming in to pick up their orders. I had the Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls (Goi Cuon) to start. I had tried it once before for carry-out. The peanut sauce is good, the rolls are just OK. I think they pre-make them and refrigerate so the wrapper is hard. Lots of lettuce, skimpy on the shrimp but it's only $3.50. For more shrimp and freshly made, I would pay the extra one to two dollars. I really love these rolls so I will still order them though they are not the best. I ordered a small Pho - P1 - round steak, brisket, tendon & tripe. Wow, it may be a small bowl but packed w/ noodles & meat. The broth is outstanding, not too much anise (which I prefer) and not salty - there's hoisin and Sriracha sauce on the table if you want to add salt & heat. The noodles were still stuck together as if they were cold when the broth was added - probably would help if the noodles were quickly heated in boiling water to soften them a bit before adding the broth. It definitely satisfied my Pho craving. Now I know I don't have to rely on trips to Northern VA or Newport News to get Pho. They have other Vietnamese items such as the Vermicelli Bowl & grilled items over rice. My interest is in the Pho.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

I usually don't like to write a review after sampling only a two or three dishes, but I thought I would get this out there for those enjoy Vietnamese Pho but haven't been able to find it in Williamsburg.

Chopsticks (hate the name) opened a couple of months ago in a small strip of stores off John Tyler Highway. We have gone twice and had the fresh Spring Rolls, Vegetable Pho, and Pho with round steak. All tasted good, were very enjoyable, and were served with all the "right" condiments.

Portions are more than enough, service is fast, and it is inexpensive. Could use some refinements, like menus without sticky pages, maybe that will come, and overall appearance is underwhelming. In the meantime, go and enjoy the Pho...