“Good fried seafood”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2017

The venue was attractive with a local band performing OK music. I ordered the seafood duo because I couldn't choose between crab cakes and fried oysters. The oysters were awesome as was the "He" crab soup. The crab cakes were good. The waitress was a delight.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Serve was a bit slow, but the waitress was pleasant. She also got me sweet potato fries as they had been the special the say before (which was still on the board) even though they weren't on the menu. Excellent burgers. We also really enjoyed the view from the porch and the live music.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I've eaten at Willaby'a several times in the past years, and have come to enjoy it, as there are precious few notable restaurants in the area. Aside from the food, which is good if not surprising, the view out across the Rappahannock River and Bridge are worth at least one visit, in and of themselves - and there are several vantage points from which to enjoy the show, both in- and out-of-doors. Weather shouldn't therefore be much of a hindrance to your visit - but a sunset visit is much to be preferred. There's even a small beach for that romantic stroll with your SO (Significant Other). And if you arrive on a Thursday or Friday evening, you may even enjoy one of the periodic musical serenades, courtesy of one of many local bands. Finally (and of particular interest to me!) the craft beer list, complete with BA (Beer Advocate) ratings, is remarkable for the area. Go for the ambiance, the view, the beer and oh, yes, the food. My experience with the music, limited as it is, prevents me from any recommendation. Stay or leave after dinner - I can't advise you there.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Last minute decision to check out a restaurant we had gone to years ago... the previous place burned down but we thought this was even better! Indoor and outdoor seating, daily specials, great service and nice atmosphere right on the water. I had the spiced shrimp with side salad and hush puppies and it was great! My wife had the Alpine Croissant and liked it as well. Would certainly recommend this being a stop to consider if in the area of Topping, VA.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

They were crowded. The food was very good & you got a lot of food. Good service. I just wish they had had a little more variety on the menu. I got the Catfish Dinner & it was delicious. They had good macaroni & cheese too.