Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The room and bathroom were fine and clean. TV out of the Ark - not flat screen - terrible picture. One very slow lift. Didn't think much of the breakfast. Made us pay one month in advance with no refund because they said they were full. They were no where near full and I feel we were ripped off.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I don't usually stay at Best Westerns and now I know why. When trying to decide where to stay I based my decision on other reviews. I know now to not be so trusting.
The hotel is by no means modern. Old television, old spring mattresses, old popcorn ceilings, paint chipping off the ceiling in the bathroom. Im usually not this critical but for the room rate that I'm being charged, I would expect a whole lot more.
Positive note is the location to several good restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012
CFridley, Owner at Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Actually, we are an award-winning hotel that was upgraded to the Best Western PLUS brand in 2011. Our hotel opened in 2007 and we have just completed a renovation of the bed coverings in all guest rooms and are currently upgrading to flat screen TV's at this time. We have invested in top quality double pillowtop mattresses in order for our guests to experience a comfortable night's rest.

We appreciate that you brought the maintenance issues to our attention, so we can resolve these immediately. The next time you visit our area, please contact our management staff and we will be happy to ensure a pleasing stay at our hotel. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I needed to be in Waynesboro, so chose the Best Western. I think I was one of the few people in the hotel. The hotel was OK. The room was clean, but the hotel seemed like it needed some sprucing up. OK continental breakfast included. Very ordinary. There is a Cracker Barrel next door and it was doing a very booming business.

On the plus side, it's right near the start of Skyline Drive and I-64. On the minus, the Skyline Drive was fogged in, so I didn't get to experience it.

Nothing horrible, but nothing special either.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sillycat
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Our room was clean, bed was comfortable. Breakfast in the better range. Biggest complaint- we were not told they were holding a prom & the pounding bass would continue til 11 P.M. It did stop shortly after 11 but hours of noise (could not hear music, only the boom) made the stay less than pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed here while working due to an evening meeting in Charlottesville. The hotel over all was nice and clean. Our room had a dirty dust rag left in the room which was a little off putting. The heat/air wasn't working the best, it was too hot, or too cold, but could not get an in-between that was comfortable. The most upsetting experience for us was the children. Now while we do not hold the hotel accountable for other's actions, my opinion is that the hotel should have rules, and enforce them as necessary. First, I would have loved to have gotten in the pool after a long day, but it was over run by children, even late at night. Again, not the hotels fault, but unsupervised children in a pool horse playing and acting up? So off to bed about 10 pm while trying to relax and get to sleep as I needed to be up early and get to work. The noise (from other rooms) was unbearable, even with the fan running (as fan was the only thing that attempted to keep the room comfortable). We were on the end of the hall with the vending machines, and I had to go out into the hall and tell the children to stop running, shouting and making so much noise as others were trying to rest. I did this after at least 30 minutes of aggravation; it was not as impulsive thing as I consider myself a very patient person. The children did listen, and I did not report it to the front desk, but again, shouldn't this fall on parents, and the on the hotel to enforce common decency. In closing, I just wish that there were hotels that were children free, as I'd stay there 100% of the time. I gave this hotel 3 star as average accounting cost and aggravations I may or may not stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the vending machines at the outside end of the halls to cut down on the amo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate your comments and apologize that you did not experience an excellent stay at our hotel. Our staff strives to be viligent in ensuring the comfort of all of our guests and I apologize that the noise from children in the hotel disturbed your stay. While we require that youth teams sign a policy that outlines adult supervision, and in your case, our staff members would have been available to speak to the group requesting that the noise level be lowered.

With regards to the maintenance issues, we would have loved the opportunity to accommodate you in a different room for the rest of your stay so that we could have resolved the issue in your guest room. A high level of service combined with a comfortable, enjoyable stay is very important to our hotel team. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel to demonstrate this to you. Thank you for your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
0.3 km away
10.8 km away
Best Western Staunton Inn
Best Western Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center? Share your experiences!