“Beware of ANTS”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
Alexandria, Va
“Beware of ANTS”
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Hotel is rather old ad run down. The staff are not very friendly or helpful. We were traveling by motorcycle. Before bed, I noticed that my helmet was covered with ants! I started smashing them, shaking the helmet, and ended up killing about 30 ants. I looked at the dresser on which the helmet had been sitting, and it was crawling with ants. I called the front desk to report it, and the man said he would bring spray. He was not surprised or alarmed. He came, handed me a can of spray, and walked away, as if this happens all the time. I would never stay here again, and I think Choice Hotels should pull the Quality Inn flag from this horrible property.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2010

My extended family and I were on our way to the Outer Banks and chose this hotel for its convenience to the interstates. Upon first glance, you can tell it is old and run down. My husband's first words when he saw it were, "Let's go somewhere else!", but since we were meeting family there, we couldn't. The rooms were large but stunk like old cigarette smoke. The pool was nice except for the many "seedy" locals hanging out swimming. (They appeared to be living there and were even cooking out and drinking in the parking lot.) Around 10:30 at night, someone was banging on all the doors of the motel, wanting to use the phone which really scared my five year old. My sister's room had roaches...mine probably did too, but I didn't see them. The tub was covered with hair. The breakfast area carpet was torn apart with many tools and old carpeting laying around. However, breakfast was still served there! I could go on and on but I will sum this up with two words: STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Oscarpants

Travellers are raving about these Waynesboro hotels

Buckhannon, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We we looking for a place to stay for the night as we were passing through. The room was okay but the bathroom was nasty. And there were bedbugs! We slept okay, but a couple days later my husband and son were covered with bed bug bites. They each had over 30 bites on them! Guess I should have checked the bed before we slept in it. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Butner, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Awful..toilet did not work..we were given a plunger..hotel is old, old, old and second floor has not elevator. Only advantage was that it was within walking distance of Fishburne Military..we were attending a graduation.

Run..don't walk away from this place..am going to contact corporate. Free internet was very difficult to connect..sometimes took up to 20 minutes to get online.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Burke, VA
Reviewed 9 November 2009

I stopped in Waynesboro, VA on my way south and picked the Quality Inn because of their pet policy. I frequently travel with my dog, a medium sized Shiba Inu, and don't care to board her. The Quality Inn is easy to find, right on the main street thru Waynesboro. The motel looks like an older style strip hotel from the outside, but the rooms are surprisingly pleasant. In fact, mine had enough room for a couch and easy chair, just right for using a laptop. WiFi is free and worked well, and the free breakfast was the typical Quality Inn style.

Just one complaint, the exhaust fan in the bathroom sounded like a 747 during take off. Otherwise, everything was fine.

I enjoyed walking to the Fishborne Military School, the remains of a downtown area and the stip mall across the street. Otherwise, i didn't find much to do in Waynesboro. I will highly recomment the nearby restaurant, Scottos, an Italian place that was very popular on Friday night. I had one of the best ever Italian meals, and the beer selection had a good variety. Service was fine, and again, the food delicious. I had chicken, flattened with artichoke hearts and dried tomatoes over a bed of fettuchini. Large plate and I ate it all!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank VABigChuck
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
4.0 km away
13.7 km away
Red Roof Inn Staunton
Red Roof Inn Staunton
#6 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!