“Good Location”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Waynesboro
London
“Good Location”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This hotel is good if you plan on visiting Shenandoah National Park and the Blue Ridge Drive as it is only a few miles from where they both meet. The rooms were clean the beds comfortable and breakfast was basic. The breakfast area was very small for the amount of rooms they had. The staff were not the happiest I've met but were helpful enough. It was good value for money but don't stay there if you expect 3* accomodation

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Sydney
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The good:
- Clean room
- Nice fixtures
- Comfortable bed
- Felt cozy and safe in the room
- Location
- Both rooms in the older building and newer building are clean.

The bad:
- only one (but a big bad), the lady who checked me in (explained below)

I wanted a room close to the lobby but the lady gave me a room in the separate older building saying that the main building was all occupied. Which it clearly wasn't given that it was just me and another car there and it was still early in the afternoon.

In the evening I asked to be moved because I noticed that the deadbolt lock was broken. Got moved to another room which was somehow locked from the inside. I expected her to come check it out but guess what she did instead? She put me in a room in the main building (without me asking)!

Whats even more telling was that most of the rooms were still not occupied! So it was clear she lied to me earlier and she knew that I picked up on that. But I didn't rub it in.

I'd like to believe that she was just being lazy however, I can't help think that perhaps it was for a more malicious reason....

Overall, the property itself is fine and I can't really fault the rooms plus it really is a good location. I just didn't much care for the way I was treated by this lady =(

Room Tip: Request for a room in the newer main building if you want something nice looking but the ones in the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Ohio
Reviewed 15 August 2011

A bit out of the way, but it was cheap, room was clean, staff were nice. This isn't a four star but what do you expect for 65 bucks. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2011

When we arrived at the hotel there were light bulbs that did not work, the room smelled terrible, the sheets were stained, and the carpet was damp. We did not feel comfortable walking in the room on the carpet unless we had our shoes on. Wish we had checked out and found another place. The staff was not very friendly and they do have breakfast but if the rooms were that dirty, I don't trust food that may have been handled by the staff.
Stay somewhere else. PS: Railroad is nearby.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Waynesboro hotels

Reviewed 3 December 2010

We asked for a handicap room and was given a room isolated from the othe people staying there. The room's air was moldy, there was a shelf behind the toilet that could give severe injury to a disabled person with not enough leg control to sit slowly. The "heat" lamps were flourescent. We decided we couldn't stay, packed our bags and tried to be nice to the unfriendly staff. We're deaf, too, and beyond writing down the price to the room, he didn't try to communicate with us, just kept talking away uncaring that we couldn't hear a word. He then charge us $11 room cleaning fee! For a room we didn't use. It was a joke. Pray for the man's soul.

• Stayed December 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waynesboro
4.0 km away
3.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340
8.4 km away
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft

Been to Quality Inn Waynesboro? Share your experiences!