Quality Inn Waynesboro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Inn Motel(Waynesboro)
Residence Inn Waynesboro(Waynesboro)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The good:
- Clean room
- Nice fixtures
- Comfortable bed
- Felt cozy and safe in the room
- Location
- Both rooms in the older building and newer building are clean.

The bad:
- only one (but a big bad), the lady who checked me in (explained below)

I wanted a room close to the lobby but the lady gave me a room in the separate older building saying that the main building was all occupied. Which it clearly wasn't given that it was just me and another car there and it was still early in the afternoon.

In the evening I asked to be moved because I noticed that the deadbolt lock was broken. Got moved to another room which was somehow locked from the inside. I expected her to come check it out but guess what she did instead? She put me in a room in the main building (without me asking)!

Whats even more telling was that most of the rooms were still not occupied! So it was clear she lied to me earlier and she knew that I picked up on that. But I didn't rub it in.

I'd like to believe that she was just being lazy however, I can't help think that perhaps it was for a more malicious reason....

Overall, the property itself is fine and I can't really fault the rooms plus it really is a good location. I just didn't much care for the way I was treated by this lady =(

Room Tip: Request for a room in the newer main building if you want something nice looking but the ones in the older building are still acceptable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2011

A bit out of the way, but it was cheap, room was clean, staff were nice. This isn't a four star but what do you expect for 65 bucks. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2011

When we arrived at the hotel there were light bulbs that did not work, the room smelled terrible, the sheets were stained, and the carpet was damp. We did not feel comfortable walking in the room on the carpet unless we had our shoes on. Wish we had checked out and found another place. The staff was not very friendly and they do have breakfast but if the rooms were that dirty, I don't trust food that may have been handled by the staff.
Stay somewhere else. PS: Railroad is nearby.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2010

We asked for a handicap room and was given a room isolated from the othe people staying there. The room's air was moldy, there was a shelf behind the toilet that could give severe injury to a disabled person with not enough leg control to sit slowly. The "heat" lamps were flourescent. We decided we couldn't stay, packed our bags and tried to be nice to the unfriendly staff. We're deaf, too, and beyond writing down the price to the room, he didn't try to communicate with us, just kept talking away uncaring that we couldn't hear a word. He then charge us $11 room cleaning fee! For a room we didn't use. It was a joke. Pray for the man's soul.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I think I'm just lucky that I've picked the right hotels over the last couple months and that I have enjoyed every one of them...so far. We took a weekend trip to Virginia to go to Shenandoah National Park and drive Skyline Drive and then to the Luray Caverns then Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in Charlottesville - then home . The Quality Inn was a great location after our long day of driving and exploring. I want to say about 10 minutes or less from Skyline Drive. They have exterior and interior buildings. We were put in the interior and I really didn't mind either way. The room was a good size and had all that we needed. The TV was good and easy to use ~ didn't have to hit 1 million buttons to find a local tv station (my husband liked that best). Window opened so we were able to let fresh air in. The rooms were standard but what was really cool were the ceilings and the brick wall. See my pic of how it is different. You had a "cabin feel" being in the room. It wrapped up the day perfect after being out in the wilderness. We didn't use internet - left the computer home. And we sleep very good. Not a whole lot of choices for dinner but good enough - Italian Restaurant, Steak House...but we picked Arby's and it was pretty good! The next morning the place looked like it filled up. Breakfast was busy and check out was smooth and the Agent was very friendly. Then about 30 minutes to Thomas Jefferson's House. Because we wanted a bigger breakfast, we stopped at Waffle House on the way. That was our first at a Waffle House and I must say that I would go back again in a heartbeat! Overall, the hotel was a good fit to end our trip and convenient to TJ House and James Madison's House and lots of other neat places to check out. Thank you Quality Inn!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple