“Why didn't I stop here before?”

Northside 29 Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 95 Restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 January 2018

I have driven past this restaurant many times and have always said I should try it. Finally, on the way home from my daughter's track meet, my mom and I decided to stop here for dinner. Now I am wondering why I never ate here before. The restaurant was everything we were looking for at the time. The food was great, the portions ample, and the staff was very friendly. My mom ordered a hamburger meal which she enjoyed very much. I ordered the N29 Rueben which was one of the best Rueben sandwiches I have ever had. I couldn't even finish it. At the end of the meal, the waitress was talking to us and even asked our names. So friendly! This is not something that is done anymore. I will be back and will be bringing the rest of my family.

1  Thank Regina S
Northside29, Owner at Northside 29 Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thanks so much for the wonderful review Regina! We are happy to hear it was a wonderful experience all around. Come again soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

This is about half way between our houses and met for lunch. I had the sausage biscuit with potatoes and eggs. It was very good. The service was good and we enjoyed our visit.

Thanks so much for the wonderful review and for supporting local business! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I stopped by the Northside diner again on my way to Memphis for a business trip this early last week. A good note the table service was great however the lunch was terrible.I got the cheeseburger platter and my burger came out almost raw so i sent it back and it arrived like shoe leather!!! horrible.This was my last trip to this diner. How do they stay in business ????

Hi Heather, we are sorry to hear that we disappointed you this time and that the food was not up to par. We would love to have the opportunity to make it right. If you are ever unsatisfied we are happy to remake any meal from scratch to serve you a meal you are happy with. Thank you for your feedback as it only helps us to make changes to improve.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

When you choose to eat at what looks like a roadside diner, you are rolling the dice on the food quality. In this case, the Northside 29 Restaurant comes up snake eyes!!!
The food was HORRIBLE!!! (4 of us ate and all had the same assessment). Everything came to the table cold, dried out, over-cooked (I suspect, actually just re-heated under a heat lamp) and tasteless. To add insult to injury, the prices were ludicrous for a highway dive place. Half of our orders came with the wrong sides -- mine finally came with a side of mashed potatoes that looked more like hardened chocolate sauce on a scoop of plastic ice cream. The worst place I have EVER eaten. Pass this place by and hope that it folds up and never snags another unsuspecting passerby.

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we disappointed you this time and would like to have the opportunity to make it right. We are taking your feedback to make changes and improve the overall dining experience. Again we hope you will give us another chance as we have had many new recent staff additions.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We have been going here since they opened. Until last year I would have given a 5 without hesitation. In last year both food and service have not been consistent. We eat dinner here 3-4 times a month after horse work and a group eats breakfast weekly. When things are good they're really good but you can never tell how food or service will turn out with two exceptions. Amber and Steve are outstanding service pros, really know customer service and anticipate what delights the customer. Not sure why kitchen is not consistent as far as food.

Bottom line we like it. If they could get consistency back would be a 5 without question.

Thank you so much for supporting local business and taking time to provide us with feedback. We strive to bring the best service and food consistently and are working to implement ways to make this happen. We do hope that you will continue to come visit us and continue to provide us with feedback.