“Is this not perfect?”

Ranked #1 of 1 Warrenton B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Is this not perfect?”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This beautiful, peaceful and comfortable place is the perfect destination for a romantic retreat, a great event, or corporate blue-sky session. You have to give the owner kudos for establishing the right atmosphere, cadence, and amenities to establish this setting.
I would go again for any reason. The history of this place makes it even more desirable.
Love the Black Horse Inn!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank claudia b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Owings Mills, Maryland
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and I spent the night on June 30th at the Black Horse Inn a B&B just outside of Warrenton, VA. I put the date in because of what happened the night before. Virginia got hit by a surprise straight line thunderstorm that ravaged the VA and MD areas with major power outages, trees down and wind damage. I put this all in the review because I want to give kudos to the Inn because they saved a wedding. After we checked in we were in the sunroom getting cookies for a snack before we went out to several wineries in the area, and we met a photographer. He told us that the wedding scheduled at another B&B had been moved that morning to the Black Horse because of the power outages. The Black Horse took up the gauntlet and on the spur of the moment hosted the wedding. When we came back from our winery tours, we met the bride in the foyer and all seem to be going great. WOW – now that deserves a top notch rating. Our room was lovely and the staff was gracious considering the hub-bub that was going on. The Inn is a lovely old VA mansion in horse country VA. Lots of wineries within minutes of the Inn and Warrenton has a nice Old Town Main Street. I did not know about the ghosts that are part of the Inn’s history and was glad I did not have an encounter – they were most likely busy with the wedding.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Black Horse Inn for our anniversary and very much enjoyed our stay. The grounds and surroundings are gorgeous and the inn itself is beautifully appointed. We stayed in the Great Expectations suite. The bed was very comfortable and we really enjoyed sitting on the private porch sipping port in the evening and tea in the morning. We would definitely like to return to the Black Horse Inn.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aaron R
Warrenton
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The Black Horse Inn in Warrenton was everything I hoped for and much more. The Inn is absolutely beautiful and the grounds are as well. I was amazed at the history of this place and to be able to see trees that have been around for hundreds of years was such an added bonus. All of the rooms have private baths and everything you could ever want. The Inn-keeper is warm, friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. I cannot wait to go back. I highly recommend this Inn to anyone looking for some peace and quiet in a beautiful setting. Serenity is the word of the day (at least for my stay). Yet - you are close enough to many attractions if you care to have a bit more action.

Room Tip: As far as I could tell (and I checked out all the rooms) there is not a bad one to be found.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue H
Los Angeles
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My husband and I were married on New Year's Eve and spent the first few days of our marriage, as well as the New Year at this historic and lovely Inn. We headed there from Washington right after our wedding reception and were absolutely delighted with our stay.
For us, the coziness of the fireplace in our room, winter afternoon walks, the charm of the decor and marvelous breakfasts each morning were sublime. We also enjoyed wine and cheese as well as delicious cookies each afternoon. We were seeking a very quiet, private and absolutely non-corporate atmosphere and The Black Horse Inn provided that in every way. The staff there is so personable and professional as well as welcoming. Foremost however, it may be the most special quality of the Inn is its reflection of the engaging and dynamic personality of the owner Lynn. The entire atmosphere of the place is that remarkable
mix of elegance without pretension and luxury that stems from the most classic traditions of caring for guests in a private home of traditional beauty. The Black Horse Inn is a true Virginia treasure and a privilege to enjoy.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenton
8.0 km away
23.2 km away
Inn at Evergreen
Inn at Evergreen
#1 of 1 in Haymarket

Been to Black Horse Inn? Share your experiences!