“Perfect Place”

Ranked #33 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Union Bridge
“Perfect Place”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed at the Westin for business and loved it. It is in a great location. It is loctaed in a town center with restaurants and shops. A nice way to spend an evening all within walking distance. Right when you enter you notice the nice smells that just seem very calming. I had a wonderful check in experience. The gentleman at the front desk couldn't have been any nicer. He welcomed me, checked me in quickly, signed me up as a new Perfered Guest and I immediately began receiving the benefits of being a Perfered Guest. A wonderful way to end a day of travel and meetings.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Courtney R
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
First and most importantly, thank you for your business and allowing us to serve you during your visit to Virginia Beach! It is great to hear that our team, the Hotel, and our Town center amenities were able to exceed your expectations and make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Atlanta
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Great hotel experience. The town center develop is nice and offers restaurants/shops within walking distance. Safe, well lit, and clean. Lobby is large, clean and fresh. Parking is free and in a parking garage next to the hotel. Just park and take the elevator to "G" and you walk into the lobby. Staff is friendly and wifi is decent. Good sized gym along with an indoor pool and hot tub. Don't consider another hotel. This is where you want to be.

• Stayed March 2012
5 Thank SMShock
On behalf of the entire Westin team here in Virginia Beach, thank you for the positive comments you have shared. This is where we want you to be too! We are so please to hear about your wonderful stay with us.

Thank you again for sharing your observations. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 10 March 2012

In my experience Westin has a very broad range of hotels in the brand some are pleasant surprises some do not carry the Westin banner well. This hotel feels new and is clean but, it is austere and surprisingly plain. Sort of reminds me of officer quarters or maybe that nice dorm room when you first move in. It was utilitarian met my needs but, really didn't offer anything extra. The lobby is by far the best decorated part of the hotel. My bathroom , (corner suite ) was okay but, again very plain. On the plus side my room was spacious and had lots of plugs in the appropriate places ( I hate it when you have to move the bed to plug in your laptop or Ipad). I wouldn't recommend the restaurants in across the street but, there are some worthwhile not far away. I don't think you will go wrong staying here it is pleasant enough just not as upscale as I expect from a good Westin. It was cold when I was there so the valet had to be chased down everytime the front desk was responsive. Valet is quite expensive for the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your observations. Although it sounds like we met your expectations, we did not exceed them, and for this we apologize. For your next stay in Virginia Beach, if we have the opportunity to serve you again, please be aware that we do have free parking connected to the hotel as another option to paying for the valet parking.

Thank you again for your comments.
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The VB Westin is one of the best hotels i ever been part of. My family and I love the overall service they provide. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a excellent stay and envrionment.

Room Tip: heavenly bed make any room worth renting
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Kenny H
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Kenny H, thank you for allowing us to serve you and for sharing your wonderful compliments about the hotel and our team. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I was so excited that my husband surprised me with at night at the Westin Town Center. I have been wanting to visit since it opened. My husband and I both performed in a concert at the Sandler Center the same day we checked in, so it was a nice "city feel" going in. My previous experience with the hotel Westing has been in Richmond. We LOVED our first experience in Richmond we signed up to be Starwood Prefered Guests Members.

When we checked in, we had to wait in a long line....a line that wasn't even for check-in, it was for the garage elevators. The lobby was so packed, we couldn't even get to the counter. After a long concert performing, I was really looking forward to a nice cold,refreshing glass of "sassy-like" water that I was expecting to be available in the lobby (as they do in Richmond). It was no where to be seen or available. We finally got through the crowd and got our room which was on the 13th floor. When we got there, the bottles of water which are usually complimentary were $2.50 per bottle (and all it was was Nestle's PureLife water)!!! Still craving something to drink, we go back down to the lobby to go to the store just to find out it was closed! There was no Welcome book/hotel guide/services in our room, so we knew nothing about where anything was in the hotel nor the times of breakfast, store, etc. Luckily, there are nice restaurants around.

Our bed was not the most comfortable, but I blame the pillows for a lackluster sleep. Pillows were worn down and flat (no decoration pillows either). Our room also had a standard bathtub with shower head, so we asked if there were any rooms with walk-in showers..something we always get in Richmond without having to ask (we just thought that all rooms have walk-in showers). The gentleman working said that because we ae SPG members he would normally upgrade us, but there were only two more rooms available with walk-in showers and he needed to hold them in case they got sold. I was so upset!!! Here we were, thirsty, tired from a long performance, no clue about things in the hotel, SPG members with no hospitality....unless something changes, we will not be back to the Westin Town Center!! Certainly not worth the price! Very disappointing as I have been wanting to stay here for quite some time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your observations with us. I apologize that the make-up of our rooms does not match that of the other Westin in which you have visited. Although the quality stays consistent, many times the room configurations are different. Concerning the line for the elevators, our close proximity to the Sandler Center and the parking garage does sometimes create a lot of activity in our lobby. Thank you again for your comments.