“Awful Awful Awful”

Belmont Inn & Suites
Belmont Inn & Suites
Ranked #95 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 29 July 2016

I am in such a bad mood after staying here last night 7/27/2016.. Room 202"s air conditioner was not working and it was 90+ degrees outside I had to purchase a fan and that did not help at all. I called management she said he was not available and he never called back.. the oven door was hanging off. the smoke detectors were missing and I found items beside the bed that were left by others on the floor by the bed. The free WIFI did not work either, but I id manage to sign on to a hotel in close range.. the only thing that I was impressed with was the HOT water ...it did work .....NEVER AGAIN..................

Room Tip: Choose another hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank MSPAM57

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I wish I could say more positive things about this hotel. It was psuedo clean however...the service made this place so u desirable
1. No working A/C and its June!
2. Advertised for Balcony Seating not enough chairs for all 19 rooms.
3. Took 30minutes to receive 2 towels when needed 4 because I booked a room for 6 people.
4.Full Service Stove-- Is a lie! The oven is so called turned off in the summer. (Please don't advertise if amenities aren't working)
5. Non working room keys. Had my key's changed 4 times throughout the duration of my stay of 2 nights. Once was at 2am and had to wait 10 minutes for someone to come to the front desk.

But I can say that there was always ice readily available. However, I would rather buy ice to replace their short comings. You've been warned.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bhanderson
darshak p, General Manager at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

First and foremost I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I would enjoy the opportunity of winning back your business. If this is something you'd be interested in please don't hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 24 June 2016

We stayed here in May 28-19, a night. The hotel was easy to find though the actual hotel sign was covered by a tree. We initially had problems with the key card but eventually they gave us a working key card.

Room Location: 2nd floor (forgot room #)
Beds: 2 queen beds (1 of the beds is in a room by the restroom)
Mini Kitchen (mini fridge, microwave, I think there was stove)
TV

Room was big and enough for a family of 4. It was only my husband and I who stayed.
Only complaint was the AC. The AC was not cold enough for us. The location was perfect for people who are in a budget, needs a place to stay the night and wants to be near the beach without spending $$$$$. I'd come back here.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at The Belmont inn & suites It was truly our pleasure having you as our guests. We also appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write us a review about your stay. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly the next time you come our way so that I might have the opportunity to assist you with the reservation process.

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

This place is in a great location; the manager Sam and his wife were extremely friendly and it was reasonably priced. My only issues were the room was VERY outdated- holes in walls, old stale smell, it was very spacious and came with a small kitchenette and full fridge. I would suggest if your hanging out with friends, you dont plan on being in the room alot (like we were), looking for somewhere to sleep, shower and toilet and not worried abt amenities like on site pool, jacuzzi, continental breakfast then this is perfect. If ur looking for luxurious rooms this ain't it.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 August 2015

My room was clean, fresh, manager was friendly. Hotel is not in the best area for vacation but is only a twenty min drive to ocean. Property is being cleaned up, just make sure to get an updated room.

Room Tip: Ask for updated room
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business