“2 Blocks from the Beach”

Belmont Inn & Suites
Belmont Inn & Suites
Ranked #95 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 24 June 2016

We stayed here in May 28-19, a night. The hotel was easy to find though the actual hotel sign was covered by a tree. We initially had problems with the key card but eventually they gave us a working key card.

Room Location: 2nd floor (forgot room #)
Beds: 2 queen beds (1 of the beds is in a room by the restroom)
Mini Kitchen (mini fridge, microwave, I think there was stove)
TV

Room was big and enough for a family of 4. It was only my husband and I who stayed.
Only complaint was the AC. The AC was not cold enough for us. The location was perfect for people who are in a budget, needs a place to stay the night and wants to be near the beach without spending $$$$$. I'd come back here.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
darshak p, General Manager at Belmont Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2016

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at The Belmont inn & suites It was truly our pleasure having you as our guests. We also appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write us a review about your stay. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly the next time you come our way so that I might have the opportunity to assist you with the reservation process.

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

This place is in a great location; the manager Sam and his wife were extremely friendly and it was reasonably priced. My only issues were the room was VERY outdated- holes in walls, old stale smell, it was very spacious and came with a small kitchenette and full fridge. I would suggest if your hanging out with friends, you dont plan on being in the room alot (like we were), looking for somewhere to sleep, shower and toilet and not worried abt amenities like on site pool, jacuzzi, continental breakfast then this is perfect. If ur looking for luxurious rooms this ain't it.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 August 2015

My room was clean, fresh, manager was friendly. Hotel is not in the best area for vacation but is only a twenty min drive to ocean. Property is being cleaned up, just make sure to get an updated room.

Room Tip: Ask for updated room
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 June 2015

The hotel was very dated. Comforters had stains and cigarette holes in them. The room was very stale smelling. AC worked great, fridge kept drinks cold, bathroom was clean, water was hot to take a shower, cable TV worked fine. WiFi did not work at all. Owners were friendly, parking was tight but adequate. Overall all who stayed were quiet, there was no trouble with noise. Walk to the beach was very short. I personally did not see any bugs in the room I stayed in. The hotel was not a five star hotel by any means but it served it's purpose for sleeping and a shower.

Room Tip: All rooms were the same.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 June 2015

I would never stay at this hotel again. If I could I wouldn't give it any rating, it was that bad. The wifi didn't work, the rooms smelled like cigarette smoke, and the cable didn't work. I had to access wifi from A DIFFERENT HOTEL from across the street. I even went to the front desk and they couldn't figure it out. Front desk staff wasn't helpful at all and they didn't speak very good english. They made me move my car over a centimeter because I parked on the line when the first night that I stayed there the truck parked next to me was completely over the line.

I ended up coming back home back with bed bugs. NEVER STAYYING HERE AGAIN. The door to the room had a crack in it. Overall I wouldn't recomend this hotel to anyone. I should've checked out as soon as I saw the room. I didn't feel safe at all, I had my knife on me at all times.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank 558kelseyh

First and foremost I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I would enjoy the opportunity of winning back your business. If this is something you'd be interested in please don't hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Yours in Hospitality,