2,267 results
All reviews sky bar club level rooftop pool catch restaurant corner room neptune park nicest hotel ocean view self park rocking chairs oceanfront room fire pit across the street off season parking garage catch31 valet
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with my 8 Year Old daughter. I am a Hilton Diamond member and I could no real benefit to that status at this property. Specifically, two free bottle waters (I had to ask for) and access to Executive Lounge. That lounge is the poorest example of an Executive Lounge of any that I’ve experienced at a Hilton. Drinks are offered at the same price one would pay the hotel restaurant bar along food and snacks that were not as good as what one can get out of vending machine. Rooms are nice but the bathrooms are painfully small and very dark. HVAC in the room is old and noisy. Room service was over an hour and a half for delivery and they ran out of cheeseburgers (told me that 30 minutes after I placed my order for my daughter). When food did arrive it was mediocre at best. Pool area is small and was littered with old drink cups and debris. Service ranged from good at the Valet stand (should be for the price) to understaffed at the Front Desk (one person). Bottom line: Not a real Hilton Experience and not worth it.

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank jameswS9043JK
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront. We apologize that you felt that you did not receive value for the price that you paid. Our executive lounge was recently remodeled, and I am sorry if you did not find the design bright and clean. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to serve you again soon.
Regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

We went this weekend for my daughters cheer competition. Had an executive floor room, which the rooms were nice. Hotel was a great location. Few things I wasn’t a fan of: they closed the pool both nights at 7pm on weekend nights for a closed party. First night we were told it was only one side and then we went and changed and went back and was told it was both sides, I paid way to much for no pool use, that was irritating. Front desk had no clue it was even closing. I left them a message to ask about next night and no one even called me back. Just sucks to have it closed on weekend nights so early. Valet was amazing, very sweet and kinda guys. Catch 31 Restaurant was not very good and very very slow. Executive floor access was really nice. Breakfast, snacks and drinks.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kimadams
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am so sorry that we fell short in delivering a fantastic experience, while we do our very best to inform all hotel staff of closings for private parties, it seems that our communication process failed in this instance. Please accept my sincere apologies, we truly stand by our “Make it Right” policy and would like to have the opportunity to right our wrongs.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Location is perfect; right on the beautiful beach. The rooms are very good, and the hotel’s facilities are also very much up to standard! I enjoyed the restaurant (Catch 31) and the bar area. Hotel staff and valet staff were really helpful and friendly, and so were the people working in the restaurant and bar area.

Date of stay: April 2018
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you for posting your review of the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront! We are pleased that you chose to stay with us and truly hope to see you again soon!
Regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Got to hotel an hour before check in time for a work trip. My room wasn’t ready. I went to have a late lunch. I came back an hour later and my room still wasn’t ready. I was told maybe another 30min. I just sat there waiting in front of the check in desk. I’d been traveling since 5am- I was tired! My room was finally ready at 5pm. They thanked me for my patience and upgrade me to a room on the emperor club floor.

The view was amazing. The room was spacious and clean. The beds comfortable. The access to the club for breakfast and evening appetizers was welcoming. Breakfast included bacon or sausage and eggs. All the fruit and pasties you can think of. And a cappuccino machine. Evening apps were anything from bacon wrapped apples to sesame chicken! The availability of sodas and waters throughout the day was a nice perk too.

Entire staff was friendly the entire stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

I am pleased to know that we were able to upgrade your for your patience and understanding! The views are indeed amazing from both our oceanfront and oceanview rooms! Thank you again for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I booked 2 Double Beds, Club Floor Partial Oceanview, for my stay. Parking was a breeze and I decided to self park across the street in the covered parking garage. Went in and pressed the button on the machine for a parking ticket. There was plenty of parking and managed to find a parking spot on level two.

Conveniently on the same parking level, there is a covered walking bridge that connects the parking garage to the hotel. Walked across and took the elevator down to the main level with my bags.

The reception desk was so welcoming and answered all my questions. I am currently a Hilton Honors member and received a welcome amenity. I also wanted to try the “Digital Key” which is found in the Hilton App for my smartphone. They assisted in registering my phone so my smartphone can be used to open the room. I also received a key card as well. The reception desk also gave me a parking tag along with a scannable coupon so the parking fee is waived when I depart.

My room was on the 19th floor, which is the Empyrean Club Level, of the hotel. Went to the elevators and had to use my room key on the floor panel first, before I could press “19”. Good Security Feature!! You only need to use the key card on certain floors to prevent other people accessing features.

The “Digital Key” worked flawlessly. Just FYI, you need Bluetooth turned on. The room was amazing and better than what was expected. One of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed at.

The bathroom was fairly large and the mirror had a 10” TV installed in it. I also liked the mirror had a night light installed that you can opt to turn on at nighttime. The room itself had a nice size 42” HDTV, the fridge was cold upon arrival, plenty of draw space, and a safe within the room. There was also a very comfortable chair and ottoman to relax in and a computer table and chair.

The balcony / view was amazing. I looked down and saw the restaurant, Catch 31, below with people and the fire pits turned on. Two chairs and a small table are provided. The sunset and sunrise were amazing!!!

I also had access to the Empyrean Club Lounge which offered evening hors d’oeuvres and had a cocktail bar. It also had its separate concierge service and included a complimentary breakfast.

I decided to get some dinner in the area. Went downstairs to the restaurant and had dinner. The food was excellent and the staff were very attentive and lively. Upon my return to my room, I found the curtains were closed, the bed spread pulled down and open on one side and some chocolates left on a pillow. The lamp on the nightstand was also on. I was floored and surprised by this. No other hotel meets their level of standards and hospitality.

It was very quite throughout the night even when College Beach Week was going on. I was also impressed the night stand had a motion activated night light installed in case you had to get up in the middle of the night.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again along with future Hilton stays!!! I really don’t have anything negative to say. The best hotel stay ever in my life.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jason B
Axel S, General Manager at Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

All I can say is - WOW! Thank you for this thorough review of your stay at the Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront, we are so pleased to know that every aspect of your stay was worthy of a mention. Thank you for your loyalty, we look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay for another amazing experience!