“Very friendly”

Ranked #516 of 1,590 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Price range: USD 21 - USD 30
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Go on Friday or Saturday, good waitressing then. Not the best atmosphere, don't have to dress up. Buffet nights you get lots of food and appetizers. They have an extended sushi menu. Much more variety than most sushi restaurants.

2  Thank Deliciouslycurious

Reviewed 1 October 2009

Have been here twice now... sat at the bar both times. Master Sushi Chef Choo is amazing to watch and prepares the most awesome masterpieces. I would recommend this to any die hard sushi lover.

3  Thank Kristie M
Reviewed 14 November 2008

ok i live in va beach and have been since i was a baby ive eaten at 96% of the sushi bars in the area even in chesapeake and this is by far the best one who ever didnt give this place a 5 in the review they must have either had a bad night or their taste buds r off im telling you best sushi in area ever!!!!! volcano roll french kiss roll the spicy tuna cocktail is a must ohh and the jamaica awesome try it love it mhh ohh that it im eating there tonight for dinner its awesome ohh tsunami roll w scallops mmmmhhhh lol

4  Thank abcdefghij4321
Reviewed 28 July 2008

My wife knowing how much of a sashimi nut that I am noticed the Matsu Sushi Restaurant while sitting in traffric on her way home. My constant complaining of not having good sushi or any thing else in this area, so she told me of a place that she had noticed days before. Tucked away in this unassuming spot was and now is one of the best sushi places that I have ever eaten. . If you are looking for bright lights and a lot of get in and get out, then this is not the place for you. If you like that welcoming feeling of friends and family, then this is the place for you. The family welcomes you into theirs and you feel it in the way that you are treated during your vist. It has now been about 3 or more months and we have yet to have any complaints. I don't even bother to look at the menu anymore I just ask to be suprised!!!!!!!!

Chris & Tori

3  Thank Foodlover36
Reviewed 10 July 2008

There are so many good reviews on this place and so I was thinking Matsu would be a great place to go for my vacation. Unfortunately that wasn't how it went. It might have been an off-day for them, but these were my problems: For starters, when I'm eating sushi I don't enjoy listening to house or hip-hop. The sushi was prepared well but it ended up making me sick for two days. The chef was fairly nice but the employees were kind of rude to us. The prices were tough to look at, the selection wasn't good at all, and I felt like I was eating Americanized versions of everything. I regret not going to Mahi Mah's instead...