“Great sushi!”

Soya Sushi Bar & Bistro
Ranked #89 of 1,573 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our family of four had dinner at Soya this evening. The food was very good. The sushi was excellent and the side dishes were great. A little pricey but worth it.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We were walking distance from the ocean, sushi was amazing and this sake was so good we got all 3 offered! Would definitely recommend it and go back again. Everything on the menu looked amazing!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The sushi is fantastic! The volcano roll and fried rice are delicious! It has a great atmosphere at the Oceanfront...it's much more metropolitan than beach...great experience each time! I’ve used Groupon vouchers here, and sometimes it’s a bit confusing when trying to settle the bill, but other than that, the sushi is excellent.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Was in town for work. After reading reviews I walked a few blocks there but was weary bc only one couple was there during prime dinner time on a Saturday. The service was very nice and I ordered the calamari roll. It was delicious!!! One of the best sushi rolls I’ve ever had. I’ll be sure to visit again next time I’m in the area. To go service was fast and nicely packaged. Only reason for 4/5 review, restaurant could smell a little better upon arrival. Not bad once you’re in for a min or two.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

So my boyfriend and I went here Friday night, the food was amazing, they sat us right away, it was romantic and quiet and we were very excited to try this place neither of us have been to. We had a hard time understanding our waitress, which I get, we eat at Chinese and Japanese places often and have never had a problem. Our waitress brought us our food and only gave us chopsticks. I asked for a fork and she said "no" in a way we took as a joke. We were thinking oh she's being funny now she's going to bring me a fork. She didn't bring me the fork. I asked her after our entrees were delivered, I ordered hibachi with rice and stuff, I can BARELY use chopsticks. I asked her two separate times, the second time she said "ILL THINK ABOUT IT" like how embarrassing I'm starving I'm on a date and if I want to eat my food I have to use my fingers. I couldn't believe it. I feel like I wasn't nicely dressed enough to get respect from her. I tip well, we eat out every single day, yes we're young but it's wrong of her to ruin our evening like that. We then asked a blonde waitress for a fork and she brought it to me within 30 seconds with no ridicule or harassment. I was actually upset like way to make me feel like an idiot because I can't use chopsticks. It was just a really weird experience like I shouldn't even have to write this review she should have just brought me a fork?