1,323 results
All reviews continental breakfast across the street living room hot tub small kitchen full kitchen nice place to stay front desk staff bit dated indoor pool off season south end time share ocean view king bed family vacation board walk
Reviewed 11 May 2018

Excellent for a family getaway. The rooms are oceanfront with balconies and a great view of the Atlantic. They come with kitchenettes if you desire to prepare meals. Also their complimentary breakfast is very good. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for the nice 5-bubble review. We appreciate your feedback and you business.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We stayed here for a week. Our unit for two was large with a big closet and storage. Everything in our unit was very clean and I am picky.Nice bed linens every day if you wanted it. The kitchen was nice quartz countertops and island with white appliances in very good shape with a dishwasher. It had a small balcony and great view of the beach and boardwalk. Good area not in honky tonk district. Parking garage that was free and always with an attendant. Restaurants and stores nearby within walking distance. Cleaning staff very nice and accomodating. Front desk people really hated their jobs, sullen but polite. SMILE Guys! Very small indoor pool and hot tub. No activites or anyone to tell you about restaurants, activities in area or shopping. Provide beach towels and beach chairs that can be rented. Am I going to buy both and not be able to take home...no. Front lobby needs a major redo. Good value for the money.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Virginia Beach and Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting your review. My staff and I take pride in providing good value and great service to our guests. We genuinely appreciate your feedback and value your business! We look forward to you return visits.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We stated at the property for a week and found the staff friendly, the property clean and exactly what we needed. The condo is small but efficient. (great for two but would be crowded for 4) There is ample storage space, kitchen space and supplies and the decor was somewhat dated but clean and well kept. We enjoyed the ocean front balcony and you couldn't beat the location to watch the boardwalk to to the various restaurants in the area. The daily towel service was unexpected and appreciated and the twice weekly maid service great. Parking was conveniently located across the street. We were completely pleased with our stay and will return next year! While in the area...don't miss Il Giardino - a great Italian restaurant just a few blocks away as well as Planet Pizza across the street. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Virginia Beach and Barclay Towers. Thank you for posting your review. My staff and I take pride in providing good value and great service to our guests. We genuinely appreciate your feedback and value your business! We agree with both your restaurant recommendations.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here for a few days to get away from work and the daily hustle and bustle. We arrived very early, 5AM, to be exact and was eager to check in as we were extremely exhausted from a 7+ hour drive from NY. We understood the policy of the check in time and was immediately turned down when we asked for an immediate check in. However, we were willing to pay and have asked multiple times for a room right away no matter the cost, but kept turning us down citing the check in policy and was told to wait to speak with management at 7AM. Disappointed, we went to nearby Ramada hotel and asked for an immediate check in and was offered a room immediately at a discount last minute rate compared to the online price. We checked right in to Ramada and actually ended up staying there the first night due to the bitter taste left by Barclays. When we brought this up with management, we were offered no sort of compensation, apology, or alternatives and instead we got a very sarcastic "Enjoy your stay!!!" from the Front Desk manager. At this point, I decided to absorb that I lost out big time with this hotel, and suffice to say, I will not be returning to Barclays Towers for my next stay in Virginia Beach. Advice to Management and Staff: You do not always have to be black and white with the policy! Why would you push money out the door instead of welcoming open pockets and wallets. Also, not a complainer, but room 832 has a ton of ants all over and under the balcony door. Otherwise, everything else in VB was great! I highly recommend the Ramada next door!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate hearing what we are doing well, and also where we need improvement. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. It is disappointing that you were not more completely satisfied with this visit. Please accept my apologies.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The desk clerk on duty at 6
;45 Amon Sat. April 28 was so incredibly rude. I will never return. I travel to Va Beach for business often and There are are so many other very similar hotels on the strip. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS ONE.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Squiddave
David C, General Manager at Barclay Towers Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018