All reviews hidden pearl indoor pool across the street two room suite sink area clean hotel parking pass definitely stay here again an older hotel view of the ocean balcony boardwalk elevator housekeeping fireworks housekeeper mattresses
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Stayed here as an alternative to the conference hotels which cost more than twice as much. Truly lovely room with an extra counter & sink, fridge, & microwave. Private balcony overlooking beach. Clean room with adequate linens, bed, etc. (Oh, and the hot tub was truly lovely!) Bring your breakfast along as there isn't easy food right there.

Room Tip: take the deluxe -- it's great
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank harriet_deborah_vane
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I am a repeat customer.
I stayed at the Capes with my 18yr old last August and now I have come back with my 14yr old along with one of her friends.
This is a very nice alternative to the large chain hotels. I really enjoy staying here. The location is the best and the hotel service can't be beat.
Again the only complaint I have is the quality of the towels. They really need to get new towels.
I am an early riser so in order to let everyone else sleep I go and get coffee and a paper and sit in the nice sitting area off of the lobby and enjoy a nice cup of coffee along with my paper. It is a very nice relaxing area to read or use your laptop.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank momtoo2
Reviewed 29 January 2011

I am from Ontario Canada and in 2008 wanted a place to take a vacation and a friend mentioned Virginia Beach which I did visit and stayed at the Capes.I loved it so much I went back to Virginia Beach in 2009 and stayed at another facility which I will not name but did not like it as much as I did the year before so in 2010 when I returned in August for another vacation I booked with the Capes again.The Capes is a great place to stay with friendly staff,a little restaurant that makes a good over medium egg and you can sit in the morning looking at the ocean watching dolphins.The hotel is in the middle of the boardwalk so it is perfect to walk up and back or down and back or rent a bike right outside the door.There is entertainment on the street at night in front of the hotel and up and down the street so you do not have to go far for some fun and it is put on by the city.Take my word for it Viginia Beach is a great place to take a vacation for young and old whether you want to sun on the beach,swim in the ocean or go shopping and to make your stay more relaxing and enjoyable stay at the Capes.I know I will be there again this summer.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank willie5482
Reviewed 18 October 2010

This was my third visit to this hotel and I have had a great stay each time. The oceanfront location is great, the staff friendly and helpful. The place is a a clean, well maintainted basic hotel that should be fine for most travellers.

I'd like to mention in particular that the when a hurricane cut our stay short in August, the staff cancelled our remaining days with no charge and no questions - for me that's the kind of customer service that makes me a regular visitor.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Charrua2010
Reviewed 13 October 2010

We stayed here the first week of august 2010. I had a 17 year old and a 7 year old. We did not have reservations, but picked it because of the quality and quietness. We did not hear the other guests in neighboring rooms. It does not have a ton of amenities, which is likely why there are not lots of guests with uncontrolled kids. The room was right on the ocean and had a great view. Only thing that was bad was AC unit on the balcony. It makes sitting out there uncomfortable because the hot air blows on you. But if you turn it off, it's fine.

Hotel does have onsite parking, but not a lot right next to the hotel, may have to walk a block for free parking. It has an indoor pool and a small beach side cafe, but we did not use either.

The room we stayed in had a frige and microwave in it and we used both.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family