“Decent Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laskin Road
Description: Authentic Thai food with full service dining. From Curries to Pad Thai to Chicken Penang, come in to find your favorites! Online ordering available from our website too.
Reviewed 4 December 2016

I must say, I know Thai. Been to Thailand many times, lived on Guam for 3 years with some great Thai food available. I can say that this Thai is decent. Not super great, but good. The place is in a little strip beside a laundromat, not the kind of place that I expected it to be, but I never go off appearances. The inside is nice, your typical Thai restaurant. You can tell that this place has been around a while, it just kinda felt dusty and the table tops were all really worn. The staff greeted us quickly and was very polite and attentive. The food was good, again, not great, but just decent. Nothing particularly wrong with it, just nothing standout about it. If you are craving Thai, then this is a good option.

1  Thank sailor11101

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

On a recent trip to Virginia Beach we tried this place for a lunch. It was very good with a pretty extensive menu. We opted for the luncheon menu which included soup with the lunch size portion. It was perfect.
Quite pleased!

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Food is exceptional. I have been eating Thai at a lot of different restaurants but his is one of the top ones. I loved the soup which was perfect. Spice level was on the low side for the pad Thai but was very good. We had a fantastic lunch.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

I love Thai food. I've eaten good Thai cuisine, "eh" Thai cuisine, and expensive Thai cuisine (which did not guarantee excellence). My nephew lives in Thailand and while I've not visited, his parents have - and his parents (brother & wife) and I have gone out for Thai in the states several times, giving me the opportunity to find out what actually matches that which is served in Thailand. Thai Arroy closely approximates what they have shared.
NOW, in addition to loving Thai food, I've had 6 months of chemo - which has radically changed what I am able to eat; I do best when eating locally sourced, fresh foods (don't know why that is).
What impressed me with Thai Arroy is that not only were the dishes I enjoyed freshly made (making the "wait" a bit longer - but who cares when one is with interesting friends), they have items for both vegan AND vegetarian (my dinner companion is vegan) AND they were delicious.
I had the Papaya Salad (Som Tum Thai) and Crispy Spring Rolls. While they are both from the appetizer list, the cost was $14 and it was plenty of food. I don't recall what my friend ate, but as this is a favorite restaurant...
Yes, the service is slow. This is typical of true Thai - life is to be savored and enjoyed.
The food is delicious - very close to what I understand Thai cuisine to be - and very fresh.
BUT be careful - mild is definitely more medium than mild; so if you like spice, no worries. If not, be careful.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Don't waste your money....worst Thai food ever. Boxed/canned thai taste better than this. We got two basic curries and they were both bland.

1  Thank mitu r