“Great central location!”

Ranked #47 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Great central location!”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We had a great time at Clarion. The front desk folks couldn't have been nicer - they gave us great recommendations for family-friendly restaurants and things to do. It was our first "winter trip" to the beach and is something we plan to do next year. The beach wasn't nearly as crowded yet there was still a lot to do. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good. All in all, a very good value for the $ and I highly recommend Virginia Beach as a family-friendly vacation spot. Plus, there's a Trader Joe's nearby - my favorite!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the Atlantic side for a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
JenniferMeads, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We have great caring employees and we love to hear that they made your stay great! Come back and see us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Ashville, Alabama
Reviewed 1 February 2012

The rates in January are great! There were 4 of us staying in a 2 Queen room with a sofa and we found we had plenty of room to stretch out and be comfortable. The bed linens looked new and the decor was fresh. Everyone in our party talked about how comforatable they thought the beds were. I would say the bathrooms are on the smaller side when comparing it to the size of the room. Also, depending on your location in the hotel you can see the beach from your room. Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind wrods. We take pride in our property an it is so great knowing that you had such a great stay! Come back and see us soon! We are in the process of opening our brand new Tiki Bar this summer so exciting changes are on the way to our already great hotel!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Beautiful, nicely renovated hotel half a block from the ocean. I specifically asked for a clean, neat, nice room. I got a beautifull room that was not vacumed, included tooth paste splatter on the bathroom mirror, short hairs in the sink and on the toilet, garbage in the trash can, and a dried on spilt substance on the night stand. Really sad considering it is all brand new. Front desk explained they had no more king suites available. Next day hotel manager gave me a 10% discount on a winter rate. WOO HOO! Originally he was giving me half off a second night but was only in town for the day. Some how I came out on the short end of a messed up...not clean room. They are new and as nice as it is hope it all comes together for the sake of their guests.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
I’m sorry we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay with us. The comments noted in your response were disappointing to read, as it appears we fell short in several areas when you were at our hotel. Being a new property we do still have room to create preventive procedures and your comments were taken seriously. We have since revisited the way our rooms are inspected so we can assure out guests that recieve nothing but the best.

I want to assure you that The Clarion Inn & Suites is committed to providing top notch service to everyone who stays with us. I would invite you to contact me directly at 757-961-8459 if you plan to return to our area again so I can personally ensure you have a great stay with us.

Jennifer Meads
Director of Sales
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I was so pleased to find such a nicely appointed, convenient location at such a great price for my group of 45. The staff was incredibly kind and flexible with our needs, especially Jennifer who handled our rooming assignments and had everything ready for check-in when we arrived. The rooms are HUGE and recently renovated which made our stay more enjoyable. It's so close to the beach but not beachfront- which is actually quite nice because it means less sand being tracked into the rooms my little ones! I will gladly stay here on my next trip. Thank you Clarion Inn & Suites!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Very clean and nice. Thank you great housekeeping staff. I could not have asked for a better room for the price. Newly renovated = new bed and carpet whole room was completely updated and renovated, granite counter top in the bathroom, new tile, shower, etc. I was very satisfied with the room and I can be hard to please sometimes. I usually stay in Hilton Hotels. This hotel is on Atlantic Ave, just cross the street and you are ocean front, but ocean view is partially blocked by another hotel. You can see the ocean if you get the right room. I lucked out and got the top floor with a view of the ocean. I was in a conference all day for two days so I didn't really mind a blocked ocean view. It wasn't going to be used by me..There is no balcony just a window. I walked the boardwalk in the morning for exercise and to see the sunrise...that was a great view. They employees where friendly and helpful too. Great place to stay if you are on business in VA Beach...thanks Clarion Inn & Suites Virginia Beach.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business