See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Wow, this place was the most disgusting place I have seen and they tried to charge us $400.00 per night. The sad part is, when someone books this place and then travels several hours, they are stuck because they probably won’t find another place to stay on the beach. Us on the other hand said H*ll NO and moved on. Room was filthy dirty, cushions on the couch were supposed to be yellow, but were dark dirty brown, carpet was nasty and in need of replacement, the tub should have been white, but was brown stained and the outside area was littered with trash and the furniture was beat up.
They need to take a wrecking ball to this place put something new up. It is too far gone to try and fix.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bjplmp
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here on a one night stopover en route from NYC to Charleston SC. Normally I read reviews avidly and make a judgement based on my gut feeling. For some strange reason I chose not to read reviews on this occasion. A big mistake!! Instead I trusted the hotel's website which describes the hotel as 'boutique' and does feature some quite attractive photographs of the room and 'pool'. Though the hotel 'sign' on the outside wall describes it as a 'motel'!
However from the moment we just about managed to 'squeeze' our rental car into the parking space and across our path staggered two men, clutching cans of beer and clearly worse for wear at 5pm, I knew I had made an error of judgement to say the least! We made our way to the lift area which which stank of urine and reminded me of a dirty, dingy multistorey car park .
Our two room 'suite' with jacuzzi bath was on the 9th floor. As described, it was oceanfront with uninterrupted views of a wide golden sandy beach. The 'balcony' contained two white plastic chairs and a small round table presumably on which to place an ashtray,though previous occupants clearly decided the balcony floor would suffice due to the number of cigarette buts on the floor and ?alcohol stains on the furniture.
The bathroom wasn't much cleaner. The floor was dirty and I wouldn't have had a bath if you'd paid me! We had three towels between five of us and no hot water. However towels were delivered on request and an engineer promptly and politely solved the water problem.
The 'kichen' area contained a few paper cups and a very dirty dishcloth.
The main bedroom wasn't a problem in itself but my husband and I slept on the 'sofa bed' which frankly should be thrown on a skip! It was like trying to sleep on the side of Everest and the bedsprings creaked loudly every time I rolled over. That and the fact that extremely loud music until late into the night from the beach area below meant that we didnt sleep at all.
The pool area was a joke. The pool was as big as the bathroom.
Needless to say we left at 6am., and wish we'd continued on the I95 to Charleston without stopping. It would have been worth the 14 hour drive!

2  Thank lo2911
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

This was a last minute booking. The staff was very friendly, but a bit lacking as far as anticipating the guests needs. We had to ask for towels each time we used the pool. But each time was quick to bring them. Brought extra towels and linens to the room right away when asked. The room needs updating, and a really good scrubbing. It was close to the Beach Street action which was mostly a plus but might have been too loud for some. The hotel really should clean the path to the beach as there was the same trash and dirty towels laying there from day 1 to day 5. Hotel should also monitor the use of the rinse off shower by users that appear to be bathing! The booking agent exaggerated the room sq ft, and didn't explain the early check out policy. The vacation wasn't ruined by these things, but easily could have been.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Waterlily741
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Great waterfront view, friendly staff, and terrific location. Woke up to sunrises off the balcony and just walked down to the beach. Our suite was clean. Obviously it's an older property and parking is tight, but if you're mostly interested in hanging on the beach, this is a great place. One of the few one-room/suite beach options if you have a big family.

1  Thank gradyster
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Its by far not the nicest hotel on the oceanfront. It did its job though. We had a great location ocean front. Rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly! (guess they have to be to make up for how old the place is) We just needed a place to lay our heads and then we hit the beach. Ana and Arthur were great at the desk and so was Sam in housekeeing, she was the manager. We will be back bc of them and the location. parking is horrendous only downside. 1 space per room and they are small spaces. Overall decent hotel!

1  Thank Vanessa G