All reviews message in a bottle perfect hosts gourmet breakfast beach chairs two blocks rooms are comfortable each morning wonderful stay sharon boardwalk lodging accommodations
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

WOW! Rich and Sharon! BRAVO! So accommodating and just friendly and welcoming! The food was absolutely delicious. Every breakfast was so delicious and elite! I have a lot to live up to now cooking for my husband. Rich and Sharon were so nice and so kind. Cookies and water provided. The cookies were especially nice when my husband and I came back from the bar late night and needed something to munch on. :) Rich even gave us places to go to for dinner.. a true local. They are very hard workers and they make sure the guests have everything.. we rode their bikes and borrowed beach towels from them. They have practically anything you may need if you have forgotten something. My husband and I will definitely be back— especially for that breakfast!!! Thanks you two!!

Reviewed 13 July 2018

The inn keepers were very welcoming and made us feel at home right away. They have everything you need on site and will work with you to do anything you have in mind. Rich made breakfast that was out of this world and Sharon ensured that everything we had planned went as we expected. I don't think I will ever stay at an ocean front hotel again after staying here. I highly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a quiet place that's close enough to the oceanfront to not need a car during your stay!

Room Tip: The bottom floor rooms are more pricey but have deep jetted tubs!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided spontaneously to head to VA beach for the weekend and we were lucky enough to stumble across this B&B. We were originally looking for an oceanfront hotel but we were not excited by the price for value we found until we landed on Barclay. Only two blocks from the beach & boardwalk Barclay comes complete with complimentary on premise parking, beach bikes & gear, beach towels and chef prepared breakfast (the kind you would normally pay upwards of $30 a plate for.) Sharon and Rich both put you at ease and are comfortable and knowledgeable, both present if you need anything. The rooms are very nice, make you feel at home and there are great wrap around porches to sit on for your morning coffee or after coming back from the beach. The house is historic, full of character. You really cannot beat the experience or value of the amenities, comfort, and hospitable hosts guiding your experience. Now that we’ve discovered Barclay we will not stay anywhere else when we come back to VA beach. Everything you could want, really made our weekend stay feel like vacation.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

This was a first for my husband and I staying at a Bed and Breakfast and let me tell you, it was an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING experience! Very well kept and the owners treat you like family. They go above and beyond to accommodate your every need! We will definitely be going back soon! Next time we’ll have our sons with us so they can experience it at as well! Bravo

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Barclay Cottage is the perfect B&B for a beach getaway. Hosts Sharon & Rich are friendly, welcoming & so helpful with info on restaurants, sight seeing and ways to explore VA Beach. Their B&B's bed, bath, dining and living rooms, porches and gardens are very clean with comfortable and lovely decor. The breakfasts are memorable and delicious with healthy, tasty entres and sides.
We will definitely return soon!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple