“Lovely and peaceful stay”

The Founders Inn and Spa
Ranked #13 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Cairo, Egypt
“Lovely and peaceful stay”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I have always wanted to stay at this hotel since it's located around the corner from Regent University. Upon arrival I was checked in by a friendly front desk clerk, which is always a nice way to start your time away from home. I had a standard hotel room with a queen size bed. The room was a little dated in the decor department, an old country flare of blue and white. I noticed the carpets through out the property and in my room could use an updating as well. I did appreciated the extra vanity sink in the room. Although the people were nice, and the bed pillows comfortable, my WII connection didn't work. They did offer to fix it during standard business hours but I would need to be present which I couldn't because I was always out of my room during these hours. Food choice were limited and overpriced. But I am still glad I stayed here this one time. I hope in the future they will make some of these changes and see an increase in occupancy.

Room Tip: The entire grounds are very quiet and are lovely to look at.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Leddy215
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
While we certainly appreciate your compliments of the hotel but I am so disappointed to hear that we were not able to resolve your WII connection in a timely fashion. Our goal is always to do whatever we can to ensure that our guests are as comfortable as possible with the right technology and outstanding service. I will be sure to convey your positive feedback to our Front Desk employees for ensuring you felt welcome from the moment you arrived.

Thank you for responding to TripAdvisor with your valuable comments.
Otto Svensson, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Our oldest daughter recently moved her family to VA Beach area, and this was our first trip there to visit. The Inn was lovely, very clean, quiet, beautiful grounds, and quite cozy. We enjoyed the pool/hot tub before bed, and the exercise facility was amazing, far superior to any hotel gym we've ever seen! Looking forward to our next trip when I hope to schedule a trip to their spa. Would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing The Founders Inn and Spa for your first visit to Virginia Beach. We know you have many options while traveling and we are very pleased you chose to stay with us--and enjoyed your stay so much you wrote about it. I will be sure to share your sentiments with our employees. We will look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit your daughter and grandkids in Virginia Beach.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 25 October 2011

The service at the Founders Inn exceeded my expectations. The facility, the food, the rooms and the customer service of every staff member I encountered were exceptional from the driver of the shuttle to and from the airport, the registration staff, to the maintenance and banquet workers. It is a beautiful hotel, with well manicured grounds, fountains and walking paths. The room with the colonial theme was clean and the bed was comfortable. The chef did an excellent job of preparing delicious vegetarian meals for 450 of us. The banquet staff were well prepared and courteous. I look forward to returning to the Founders Inn in the future
and highly recommend this hotel for a conference, retreat, family or business stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Your extremely kind comments are indeed appreciated and will be shared with our employees. We are especially proud of our staff and they enjoy the recognition for their hard work from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor and please return again soon and often

Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My wife and I just stayed (October) at the Founders Inn for our 9th Anniversary. We purchased the Reconnect and Restore Package. It was an excellent experience. The Managers and all of the Staff treated us like Royalty. What excellent customer service and they went above and beyond making sure our stay was excellent.
We had an excellent Couples Massage followed up by dinner at the Swan Terrace. The crab bisque and salad were great, but the lobster ravioli was lacking in taste. They are changing their menu so I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
The hotel is well kept up and again I cannot say enough about the customer service. It is so refreshing to see a resort that "gets it" when it comes to providing a great experience for their clients.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us the privilege to host your anniversary visit. You are correct, every one of our guests is a "royalty" to us. Our reward is in receiving compliments like the ones you paid us and they are shared with all the staff. Thank you for your kind review and for selecting The Founders Inn and Spa. We will look forward to extending a warm welcome back to you when you return in the future.

Clifton, Virginia
Reviewed 17 October 2011

The Founders Inn is a lovely property. The rooms have colonial decor and are very comfortable, spacious and clean. We also had a fireplace in our room which was very nice. The bed was extremely comfortable -- much like one would imagine sleeping on a cloud. Service was friendly. We attended a Black Tie event there. So many people yet the filet mignon was perfect!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
We sincerely thank you for your business and taking the time to share your postitive experience at The Founders inn and Spa. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your black tie event with us and I will surely pass along your filet mignon compliments to our Executive Chef.

We hope you'll visit us again soon!
Otto Svennson, General Manager