All reviewspet friendly hotelharris teeter grocery storepet ownershard boiled eggspacific avetwo blocksshort walk to the beachallow petsfree breakfastoutdoor poolyogurtoff seasonwould stay here againdecent hotelbreakfast roomroom was clean and comfortablestaff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed 4 May 2018

We were here for our National dog show at the convention center. Fantastic location that is a block from the beach.

Great full service grocery store located behind the hotel which made it really convenient to pick up things we needed. Hotel is under major renovations. I understand that it is being done in stages. Rooms on 1st floor were done and looked great. Like another mentioned, missing in the shower was a grab bar when exiting to hold on to. Loved the iron and what a fantastic hair dryer. Not many places offer top of the line small appliances.

Breakfast was great. Fresh hot and attendant was replenishing items as needed. Breakfast area is in a room that appears to have been at one time the indoor pool area with the pool filled with concrete. There were pictures in the lobby with the new designs of the lobby & breakfast area. Looks like it will be terrific.

Hotel had security from 10 pm - 6 am. We had no problems during our stay. The hotel like every other establishment had to deal with "Beach week". Beach week brought in a younger urban crowd that were there to party. They had extra security at night. We had no issues however we were on the ground floor and from what I understand there were other challenges on other floors due to the influx of youth. We had been warned by just about every restaurant we had been to about the excessive presence of youth and to be aware of your surroundings. We happened to be there that weekend. So if you are traveling to the area, avoid that last weekend in April.

Minor parking problems due to the remodeling with cranes there to work on the exterior. Once the property is completely done - should not present a problem with parking or the area to walk dogs. There was plenty of grass and an easy walk to the grocery store offered grass too.

Our room was cleaned when we asked however we did ask for no service other than clean towels on several days.

Agree with another that mentioned the lack of a smile or greeting from the young lady at the front desk.

Overall, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: rooms that face the parking lot are quieter due to a popular pizza place next door.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2018

During our stay, the hotel lobby was not monitored during the day. We, unknown to us at the time of booking, were there during the most dangerous weekend in VA Beach. Other guests were smoking pot, walking the hallways naked, and very rowdy. The security didn't even address it after it was reported.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review and giving us an opportunity to respond. We are extremely sorry that you had a negative guest experience at our hotel. This is certainly not the kind of experience we want you to have and this is not the kind of activity we condone. If no one has already contacted you regarding this, please leave your contact information at LQCustomerCare@lqreviews.com, so that we can contact you to discuss your experience further.
Respectfully,

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Wait a year to stay here. Under major construction. Noisy, overpriced, could not use pool area. Had to ask more than once to get the room cleaned. Inconvenient parking. Very noisy due to construction.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Respectfully,

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Great Hotel, great Location, access to walk to many sites, especially the Board Walk! Staff friendly and accommodating. Plenty of parking with access to lot from front of building or side street. Spacious room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at La Quinta Inn & Suites Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thanks for posting a review of our hotel and for your kind words about our friendly staff. We are delighted that you liked our hotel and our location. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Our recent trip to Virginia Beach for a Shetland Sheepdog National had us searching for a reasonably priced property that was pet friendly. This La Quinta is in a very desirable location, well within walking distance to the beach/boardwalk and eateries.

Be advised that currently this property is under a renovation. My review takes that into consideration. Please note the date of this review, as time goes by, I am sure the surroundings will be improved.

For the present, the outdoor pool is under renovation, the parking areas are blocked in some spots, the back portion of the hotel that would be perfect for your pet is now occupied with construction cranes and the ground is full of ruts making it impossible to walk your dog there. To their credit there are potty bags available at two locations for your convenience and I strongly urge guests to use them! The La Quinta is gracious enough not to charge a pet fee so show your appreciation and clean up after your pet!

Due to construction, both theirs and a property next door, you will experience some degree of noise but seriously what construction isn't noisy?! We didn't find it a deal breaker.

Our room was recently remodeled and we enjoyed the laminated flooring versus carpeting and thought it a smart move to make. Contemporary feel was lovely. What was lacking was insufficient drawer space! Two small drawers located under the microwave just isn't enough! Some people do not care to live out of their suitcases for 4 days! Closet was fine but if you want to hang all your clothes, bring hangers!

The bathroom was small. Enough for one person at a time. No safety handles in tub which I think was a serious oversite in design remodel.
The bedding was nice and the mattress gave a good night's rest. Nice flatscreen tv and great Wi-Fi reception.

Lobby needs updated to be more inviting to guests. Seems like wasted space. The breakfast area was clean and had standard breakfast fare including waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, fruits, yogurt, bagels, bread and muffins. Juice and coffee also available. Plenty of space but it would have been nice to see a flatscreen there to watch morning news as I have seen in other properties. Gym area small but sufficient for those who desire a little workout.

My review is titled On the Edge of Being Great and I gave this property 4 out of 5 and this is where they lost a point. When we checked in, I felt as if we were inconveniencing the young lady at the desk. A smile goes, a long way! I specifically asked about their room service policy regarding pets and was told they know there's a pet in the room (of course they do....I signed the pet policy agreement!) I said it was highly unlikely our dog would be left in his crate alone but asked if room service needed to be notified if he was when they came in to clean. I was again told no. Well we were there for 4 nights and only ONCE had room service! One day, I even took our trash out since it wasn't emptied for the first two days . On another day, she knocked and my daughter asked if she could come back later after we left with our dog but hours later, upon our return, the room wasn't touched. It wasn't until the day before we left that room service came in and cleaned the room while my daughter was there.

I always try to review the places I stay, and I conduct a little experiment...each morning I would say good morning to people staffing the front desk. During our 5 day, four night stay, only ONE person behind the desk ever responded to my greeting. None of the others, when someone was even at the front desk ever bothered to look up to see who was speaking. The only other staff member who would say hello was (I assume) a maintenance man. In my opinion, a hotel is as good as the people who staff it and make it an inviting place to call home for a few days. If these issues are addressed, in my opinion, this could be a 5 star review. FIRST IMPRESSIONS begin at the front desk!!

I would return to this property with the hope that these minor things be corrected in the future. This property is worth a second look!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and for your kind words about our hotel being in a desirable location. As you mentioned, we are undergoing a complete renovation and are confident that our upgrades will benefit all of our guests. We are extremely sorry for any inconveniences due to our renovation efforts and have shared your comments with management to ensure the issues mentioned are addressed. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon to experience our fully updated property.