“You Get What You Pay For Especially When It's Free!”

Rodeway Inn Virginia Beach
Ranked #101 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed 4 December 2011

My girlfriend and I are LOYAL Choice Hotels reward members and are excited whenever we earn a free room with our points. A last minute travel opportunity came up so we decided to redeem the points that I had accumulated. I usually skip over Rodeway Inn completely when searching, but it was the only place we could stay for free. The reviews I read were SPOT ON so I was prepared with my own towels and cleaning supplies. The office staff was very friendly and helped me gain info about things to do in the area. The hotel itself, however, needs a lot of work. The parking deck is so small, it feels like you will hit the ceiling. Only one car can use the deck at once. Our room was tidy, but the pillows were stained, there were exposed pipes overhead and the bathroom had an odd smell. This place was close to the strip, but pails in comparison to the hotels around it. Before using the bathroom, I cleaned it throughly with Clorox Clean-Up, which turned one of the bathtowels purple! The Wi-Fi connection worked well as well as the television. There is also no alarm in the room and no one avaiIable to make a wake-up call until 9:00am when the office is opened up again.I am willing to give this place 3 stars only because I stayed there during the off season. Otherwise, I would be a lot less forgiving.

Room Tip: Make sure to be prepared when you arrive with cleaning supplies, just in case you need them.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HotelSnob3

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Clean rooms, clean pool, very nice and friendly staff. Excellant location just 1.5 block from the ocean. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed 2 nights in a suite. It was comfortable, the sheets were clean, the bathroom was clean, the kitchen was clean. The beds were a tiny bit hard, but nothing to complain about. The fan in the bathroom was loud, but that was the only issue, and it was so minor, I didn't even bother complaining. The breakfast was donuts, muffins, tea and coffee, which is simple enough for this motel. I would stay here again. They even said they would leave the pool open one more day for my daughter :-) Unfortunately, it was to cold, but it was a very nice gesture.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

easily the most disgusting facility i have ever had the displeasure of staying in. i have slept in jails that were more clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank FurseyOVeebee
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The front desk was friendly, but room wasn't very good, mold inside kitchen cupboards, on wall in bedroom, on shower curtain, bathroom in spots. we were there 4 nights and they would bring towels and take trash but no cleaning. sand from beach was a pain. no clock in room, stopper for tub, people down the hall smoked dope and the smell carried over to us. luckily we spend the majority of time gone. no sink stopper either in kitchen. you don't control heat and air office does. room hot all day due to this. it is a conveinent location but room really needs a clock, and microwave and coffee pot. and a heater for the pool water was like ice even on hottest days. also no door on bedroom everything open except toilet tub room which was extremly tight. place needs major remodleing and mold removal not what we expected for a choice hotel place.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family