All reviews room was clean surrounding hotels off season garage parking yogurt neptune festival the rooms were nice nice place to stay bit dated free breakfast this past weekend enjoyed our stay indoor pool we've stayed would stay again upon check boardwalk
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Early to mid-May is a good time to visit VAB if you want peace and quiet. Also, if you enjoy shopping, most beach items are at a major discount. Econo Lodge Ocean Front is in a prime location on the beach and near many restaurants, shops, Coast Guard station, Boardwalk, and Jungle Golf. Staff was accommodating. Continental breakfast was available, but there are some healthy choices. The view from my room was heavenly and the bed was very comfortable. There is free indoor parking. Unfortunately, 4 young guys checked in the 2nd night and the sound decibels were deafening and intrusive to one's sleep. This is no complaint against the hotel but a gentle reminder to patrons that we are guests, not in our house, at a party or soccer match and must be courteous of others. I enjoyed my stay but was not happy with extra hidden charges for items I did not use nor advised in writing or verbally (not the fault of the hotel but the online booking agent). Although it's not a 7-star hotel, I would visit again for its location, cleanliness, view of the beach, balcony, and courteous staff.

Room Tip: the top 9th floor has a spectacular view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank humphreycamel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for your kind words humphreycamel ! We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience. Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. We hope to see you again soon for a more peaceful night's rest.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I enjoyed the quietness of our room and the room was clean but needed some work here and there but nothing that I care to share because it didn't hinder our stay. The front desk people were nice and so were the house keepers. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Closer to the ground
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Terry W,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay of Econo Lodge Oceanfront Hotel. It is very rewarding to hear from you on this matter and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We hope you're looking forward to your next stay as much as we are!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

This was our second stay at this small oceanfront hotel. We like the location and friendly staff. Our room was on the ground floor, with a back door right onto the boardwalk. Our only concern was the double beds are too small. Our granddaughter did fine, but my husband and I were crowded.

Room Tip: All rooms have a back door overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Elaine P
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay Ms. Elaine. We are also very happy that you found our location to be convenient. We appreciate your ideas for improving on our bed and this suggestions will help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon our weaknesses. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Accidently parked in Econolodge thinking it was our hotel for the weekend. When we realized it was not our hotel and walked back to our car, we were approached by a woman who worked there. She asked for our parking pass and I explained that we accidentally parked here and apologized for parking here and we were leaving. She word for word said "get out of my parking garage, you do not belong here." She began to piss my husband off, she flashed her name tag and kept repeating for us to get out of "her" parking garage. Very glad we didn't pick this as our hotel for the night. I am a local and that is no way to treat people.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Kendall M
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Kendall M,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. Your feedback will be forwarded to the hotel management to ensure that situation like this will not happen again in the future.We look forward to showing you how we have learned from your experience.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Had a nice 2 night stay at this hotel. The building is not new but is kept in very good condition. The rooms were clean the staff was very nice. They let me check out at noon instead of 11:00 am since I had a later flight. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The breakfast is not very good but I knew that going in. Overall a very nice stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Wewant2seetheworld,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay of Econo Lodge Oceanfront Hotel. It is very rewarding to hear your perspective of our hotel and we appreciate that you have acknowledged our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable, and hospitable experience. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast as this will help us to continue to improve upon the guest experience. We thank you for your recommendation and look forward to serving you again in the future!