Econo Lodge on the Ocean
Crowne Plaza Hotel Virginia Beach -Town Center(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 239
USD 197
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 218
USD 201
The Founders Inn and Spa(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 150
USD 101
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 112/night.

Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 324
USD 287
The Oceanfront Inn(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 243
USD 235
  • Pool
USD 295
USD 241
Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 197
USD 163
HolidayInn.com
Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach / Norfolk(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 167
Royal Clipper Inn and Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 170
USD 152
Hotwire.com
Belvedere Beach Resort(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 235
USD 220
Travelocity
All reviewsfree bikesno elevatorcontinental breakfastbike rentalsheated outdoor poolthird floor roomsmall hotelwould definitely stay here againparking is tightolder hotelcoffee makerparking lot isyogurtparking spotstaff was very friendly and helpfulrooms were very cleanoff season
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

This hotel was very reasonably priced for a beachfront location with a balcony, and had great reviews online, so I decided to take a gamble on the "budget" side of the Choice family for an extended weekend getaway. When we arrived there was an employee in the parking lot directing us where to park and taking our name, which I thought was helpful as it is a very small parking lot. To me this was a nice gesture because it helped maximize an otherwise cramped lot and made us feel like the owner/employees of the hotel actually cared about the guests' ease and designated spots for SUVs, etc. Upon checking in we had a bit of a housekeeping issue which turned me off, but was immediately taken care of by staff and apologized for. We only had one other minor housekeeping issue but took care of it ourselves for all the longer we would be there (let's just say the sheets were clean, but the blanket had someone else's hair all over it, so we removed it.) The room was otherwise nice enough. Decently clean with those exceptions. Every interaction we had with the staff was always a good one. The two younger gentleman at the front desk and in the parking lot were both very accommodating and pleasant, and provided great service. Overall I was impressed with this location as a "budget" hotel and would still recommend it for someone looking for something cheap and beach front. The attentiveness of the staff is what sets them apart. Continental breakfast looked good though we didn't eat there, and they also had free bike rentals available which I think is a great bonus especially if you have a family.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelingTeller17
GeneralManagerVB, General Manager at Econo Lodge on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We do appreciate your business very much and are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. We do apologize for the lapses in housekeeping you mentioned and thank you for your patience while those items were corrected. It is not often that hotel staff receives praise after an initial negative experience, and we do thank you for your positive feedback for their efforts and hospitality. We hope we have to chance to see you again!

Reviewed 28 August 2016

My wife and I enjoy walking and being located near the boardwalk midpoint was perfect. Several highly rated restaurants can also be found nearby. In fact, we never used the car during our three night stay as everything we needed was within walking distance. Very reasonably priced, especially after booking through AAA.com. And the most important feature was the cleanliness, not only in our room but throughout the property. This was our first visit to Virginia Beach and we could not have been more pleased.

Room Tip: Second or third floors have nicest view of ocean. 1st floor nice for kids.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 855waynen
GeneralManagerVB, General Manager at Econo Lodge on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your business very much and are excited to hear you had such a nice stay. I will definitely share your comments with the staff, especially that you found everything to be so well kept and clean. I have a great team of good friendly people that make my job a pleasure. We appreciate the positive feedback and hope to have you back again very soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

I think this was the smallest hotel on the oceanfront, nice view from the balcony, but the room could use an update. One thing that I think needed to be considered is that the sink in the bathroom was very high, I'm 5 feet and it was really hard for me to use the sink to brush my teeth, now think about the kids! The room was kind of damp but I suppose that comes with the ocean. The staff were very friendly and the free bicycles were a definite plus! Overall not bad for the price.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Xin L
Leo R, General Manager at Econo Lodge on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the beach. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for any difficulty using the sinks in the bathroom but the height of the vanity is fairly standard in hotels. (We have to make it easier on those people who are extra tall too!) We appreciate your feedback very much and hope to have you back again!

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

When you go to Disney, you expect the value resorts to not have the same amenities as the better resorts. This is a value! The location is wonderful- all rooms were ocean front. I have never dealt with a better all around staff. The hotel is not brand new so don't expect it. It was very clean, AC was cold, showers were warm. The pool was heated. There was a small breakfast buffet of cereal, bagels, pastries, coffee and juice. The free bikes turned out to be a very nice perk. Parking was tight but they were very accommodating in fitting everyone into the lot.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank DMB15541
GeneralManagerVB, General Manager at Econo Lodge on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Thank you very much for your great review! Comparing us to a world famous resort might be a bit of a stretch, but I am very happy to be associated with good ole Walt! All of us appreciate the kind words, and we are very grateful for your business. The staff will be happy to know their efforts were appreciated and all of us hope to have you back again very soon! Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Our family vacation to VA Beach was perfect thanks to Econo Lodge. The location was ideal and the hospitality of the staff was impeccable. We slept peacefully and enjoyed the quaint continental breakfast followed by the complimentary bicycles. This place is perfect for families looking for a nice beach getaway.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank farmer111
GeneralManagerVB, General Manager at Econo Lodge on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Thank you very much for your very nice review of our little hotel. We do appreciate your business very much and all of us are happy to know you enjoyed your visit. I will certainly pass on your comments for the staff and I am sure they will be very gratified to know their efforts, and their hospitality, were noticed and appreciated. Thanks again, we look forward to having you back soon.