6 people are viewing this hotel
USD 282
Expedia.comUSD 323
PricelineUSD 323
travelup.comUSD 336
All reviews front desk indoor pool limited parking facing the ocean late check definitely stay here again rooms were very clean balcony boardwalk housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

The view is the best part of the hotel. Every room looks out over the ocean. If you leave the sliding door cracked open a bit you can sleep to the sounds of the waves rolling up in the beach. The location is nice with restaurants and shops in close walking distance. The valet - which is necessary with the limited parking - was greatly under staffed but the attendants were very friendly. We asked if we could have a late check out but were advised that is a option reserved only for high rated rewards members. (The room was available.) All in all it was an okay basic hotel but I would probably choose a different hotel if I visit the area again.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Morishe
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn VA Beach - Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2021

Hi Morishe,

I am glad you left feedback. Thanks for staying at our Holiday Inn Va Beach-Oceanside (21st St)!

We always wanted our guests to have a delightful stay, no matter what the purpose of the travel is. Though I appreciate your compliments on our room views and location, I'm sorry to hear that your stay was marred by your dissatisfaction with the limited valet staff and the turndown of your late check-out request. I went ahead and shared your thoughts with the team so that necessary actions can be taken to promote improvement.

We hope to host you again in the future so that we can give you a much better experience.

Cheers,

June A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 March 2021 via mobile

All I want when coming to the beach is an upper floor room facing the ocean so I can open the door and hear the waves. We made our reservations a couple weeks in advance and it only gave me one option of the room. A few days before I was offered upgrades that cost $20 per night so I decided to take my chances. When we arrived our room was ready early which was a plus, but it was on the first floor. When I asked if we could switch he said they were booked. If you want a good room upstairs, call ahead of time and reserve your place. I didn’t figure that we would be one of the 8 rooms on the first floor out off 250+ rooms available. Pretty disappointed. The room itself is dated and kind of gross. Mold in the shower, patches on the ceiling, dirty bed comforter, and to top it off, our glass door would barely open. It’s in a great location with lots of things in walking distance. But I definitely won’t be coming back. My advice would be to spend the extra money and stay somewhere nicer.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank AshleyEggs
Amy Zablan, General Manager at Holiday Inn VA Beach - Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2021

Hi Ashley,
Thanks for staying with us. We apologize for any confusion with the room type and upgrades and are so happy that you were able to get into your guest room early so you could enjoy the beach ! It looks as if you selected to opt into the upgrade upon availability, unfortunately were were sold out over the weekend and could only honor the exact room type you secured for your reservation. The room type reserved is only located only on the first floor of the hotel. We honor our IHG Clean Promise and hope our staff was contacted to immediately resolve any guest room issues you experienced. Your experience in the guest room is not typical of a stay at our property, and we will research your concerns to make sure they are resolved for future visits. We appreciate letting us know how we can improve for future visits and hope to have you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 21 December 2020 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for a weekend couples getaway. We checked in and Keith at the front desk thanked my husband for being a platinum member several times. He also recommended a few restaurants for dinner. He was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and quiet. We didn’t hear any other guests at all during our stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Perfect beach front location. We opened our patio door to hear the waves crashing on the shore. So relaxing. A perfect getaway weekend!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thanks so much for staying with us. We are thrilled that you had a great visit and the ocean waves. We hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

My family came down on the 5th to see the lights on the boardwalk and chose this hotel for its proximity to the route. The staff was extremely friendly and check in was easy. The hotel does a great job of following all Covid protocols to keep their guests and staff safe. Amazing view of the ocean and the room was very clean and comfortable. A great choice and I’ll be back again!!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

We appreciate you staying with us to take in the holiday lights at the beach. They are always a favorite ! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2020 via mobile

Though we are still in the middle of a pandemic, the hotel is doing a great job of keeping their guests safe. All the staff are wearing masks, and plexiglass dividers have been installed at the reception desk. There are hand sanitizer stations all around. Our room was very clean, and the decor was colorful and a little cool retro. All rooms have balconies looking out at the ocean. Because of the pandemic, housekeeping will not come in to straighten your room, which was fine with us. There is a plastic bucket in the room that you can fill with dirty towels and linen....you place the bucket outside your door in the morning, and the contents will be replaced with clean items. The desk is generous in giving you more Keurig coffee pods and creamers. I love to swim laps, and the indoor pool was a decent size. We were surprised that the hotel was fully booked for the weekend, so we chose to walk up and down the stairs instead of taking the elevator. The hotel is centrally located, and lots of the shops and restaurants are open with limited seating. During this time of stress, great to relax, spend time with my husband, and walk the beach.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank clairemC5031KQ
Amy Zablan, General Manager at Holiday Inn VA Beach - Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2020

Thanks so much for staying with us ! We are thrilled that you were able to relax and enjoy the hotel and beach. We appreciate that you felt comfortable with all of the updated covid protocols, and we look forward to having you back for future stays.