Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews front desk indoor pool limited parking facing the ocean late check definitely stay here again rooms were very clean balcony boardwalk housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

A nice place to stay. The staff was very helpful. The BREAKFAST Buffet Was Excellent. Overall a good experience. Would stay there again with my family just not during high season. The parking area was alway congested.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Amy Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn VA Beach - Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Christina -
Thanks for the kind words about your stay. We are so glad you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the hotel.
We look forward to having you back again next year !
Best Regards.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

This Holiday Inn was located on the beach with walking distance to many places to eat, shop and just look around. One problem and it sure wasn't the hotel's fault. The weather wasn't really beach weather. We had misty type rain and lots of wind while we were there. The hotel was quiet and well appointment and the employees were very knowledge and helpful. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and the food was good. Servers were friendly and seemed to do anything to pleased. Tanya as our server one day allowed us to sit and have coffee while we waited for our daughter to came to pick us up to have breakfast with the rest of the family. We were already seated when she called to say she was coming to get us. We hadn't been expecting to leave the hotel until later. A great selling point all rooms faced the ocean.

Date of stay: June 2016
Amy Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn VA Beach - Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Congratulations on your granddaughter's graduation ! Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Oceanside to be a part of your special event. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit, even with the not so sunny weather. We do hope you come back and visit next year.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We don't vacation very often but this hotel was very nice, i loved the view of the beach and it's right in the middle of the nightlife, however, the parking situation was horrendous. No room for any cars very tight but they do have a valet. The restaurant is alright, not something i would recommend. But the rooms were spotless and very comfortable. I loved how well the air conditioning worked! Hahaha

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for spending your vacation at the Holiday Inn Oceanside. We appreciate your patience with the beach parking and are glad you enjoyed your relaxing guest room and amazing views.
Have a great rest of the summer !

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

If I could give this hotel 3 1/2 stars, I would as I have very mixed feelings about it. I visited the Holiday Inn Oceanside with my family this summer. We usually go to Ocean City, MD but we wanted something different this time.

I was fairly pleased with this hotel. The location is very easy to get to; right on the VA Beach Norfolk Expressway East. The first thing you notice, is how small the lot is. You can tell that they crammed in the maximum amount of parking spaces possible in this small area. No worries though. If the main lot is full (which it will be on a weekend), there is another cramped parking lot across the street on the strip with all the seedy bars. Valet parking is also available.

The front desk staff is very nice and the freshly popped popcorn in the afternoon is a nice touch. If you check in or out during a peak time, be prepared to wait forever for an elevator. Why a hotel with so many floors was only equipped with two lifts is beyond me but after about five minutes, we hopped on an elevator going up, just so we could make sure we could claim our space.

The rooms themselves are pretty clean. The split pea carpet is not very attractive and our shower faucet almost pulling out of the wall did not please me much either. The nice thing is that each room has a private balcony with a view of the beach. If you're like me and want to leave your door open at night to enjoy the sounds of the waves crashing, you can pretty much forget about that. There are tons of gnats fighting to get in at night and with no screens on the sliding doors, you'd best leave it closed. Also, the air conditioning unit is so loud that you can't hear much of anything anyway. Not even the tv.

The beach is very very easy to access and you don't feel like you're hiking across the Sahara to get to a nice spot. If you forget something in the room, it doesn't feel like a hassle to go back and get it.

The great thing about this hotel is that it's very close to everything. There are lots of places to grab a bite to eat around. Unlike Ocean City, there are a lot of familiar chains you can visit like a Sweet Frog on every corner and even a Walgreens within walking distance. If you want to venture out, there's the Lynnhaven mall about 12 minutes away. The bad things about this hotel is that it's very close to everything. Like four dive bars across the street all located next to each other. This is something that one thinks about when having to park in the auxiliary parking lot.

In all, I'd probably stay here again but not without checking out some other hotels first.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Amy Z, General Manager at Holiday Inn VA Beach - Oceanside (21st St), responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2016

Kelly- Thanks for staying with us during your trip to Virginia Beach. We are thrilled you enjoy your stay. We appreciate your patience with the beach front parking and hope to see you back next year.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

The Holiday Inn Oceanside was just a great hotel. The staff was very friendly, and helpful from the front desk with check in, to the restaurant staff at breakfast. The rooms was very clean and spacious. The view from the balcony was just breathtaking over looking the ocean and the boardwalk. The location was great right in the middle of everything. I went to the front desk for some suggestions for my grandson's graduation gift,to my surprise I was assisted by the director of operations Melinda who not only gave me suggestions for stores but also saved me a ton of money on the gift.

Room tip: The top floor was extremely quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Carolyn,
Thanks so much for staying with us for your Oceanfront getaway. We appreciate the kind words are are so glad that Melinda was able to help with gift suggestions. Have a great rest of the summer , we hope to see you next year.