1,064 results
All reviewsstarwood pointsfusion restaurantcabana roomfront deskacross the streetindoor poolpartial ocean viewstarbucks coffeefree valet parkinghotel restaurantthe north endbreakfast buffetcity viewself parkingvalet servicebeds were very comfortablelabor day
Reviewed 25 April 2018

We had a little difficulty checking into this busy hotel, however, the staff went out of their way to make things right, especially Courtney the manager. Thanks To her, I would stay again! The restaurant has a great view of the ocean, consider having a drink in the bar! Rose at the restaurant was great too!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this property in the past week. The property is beautiful and well maintained. Make sure to book a cabana room with an ocean view. The sun coming up over the Atlantic is a stunning sight. I will definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Booked at the last minute for a quick weekend stay. We needed a pet-friendly hotel and, as an SPG Platinum member, I viewed SPG options first. Concerned about some of the reviews here, but we reserved a 2 queen partial view for one night.

Y’all, everything was just lovely. The staff was super-friendly and accommodating from check-in to pool bar to restaurant staff to checkout.

The room was SPOTLESS. It was simply decorated and fully functioning - good WiFi, tons of digital channels, ample outlets, spacious mini fridge, small microwave too.

Tons of pillows. Sweet bed. Good water pressure. Lighting in the bathroom was a bit limited.

Balcony chairs were really cheap and there was no table but the view made up for shortcomings.

Fabulous breakfast buffet.

Free self-parking.

Bottom line is that I don’t get why it has negative reviews.

Go enjoy the hotel with your pup!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Employees at the Sheraton Oceanfront were consistently friendly and tried to be helpful. However there were significant communication difficulties with front desk staff who provided contradictory information. Specifically, this was in regard to housekeeping and the option to decline sheet and towel change. Though I did not require sheet or towel change, despite FOUR trips to the front desk, my request for removal of used towels, emptying waste baskets and resetting coffee supplies WAS NEVER RESPONDED TO during my 5 night stay.

On my last night when I went to give feedback, the front desk employee offered me a free dinner for my inconvenience. This was a nice gesture but not a "real" difference.I I should have earned four $5 coupons for the restaurant-- (for choosing the green option of no sheet or towel washing) though I'd only been given three. All I wanted was a wrap and a cup of crab bisque and that was less than $20. At 9:30 pm, it took them 22 minutes to make this simple "to go" dinner to take up to my room.

Other shortcomings: Philips TV required resets and lots of quirky moves to get it on. WiFi was never connectable in my room on 6th floor NE side of hotel. The one day that I requested a wake up call, I never got it. Overall, the room was quite ordinary considering the price.

A few specific pluses besides the friendly staff, including valets and restaurant workers . . . plush bath towels, spacious refrigerator and other amenities such as ironing board and iron. Less than 100 yards to walk along the beach.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
DOS23502, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Good day Maclen3C,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel through TripAdvisor.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are disappointed to hear that we have not met your expectations. As our valued guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to correct our response time for requests as well as in the restaurant for our ticket times. Thank you for your compliments of our friendly staff. This will continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Virginia Beach.

Charalese Gore
Front Office Manager
Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel
cgore@sheratonvirginiabeach.com
757-425-9000 ext. 2299

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Upon check-in the front desk let me know we have been upgraded to an ocean view room. I thought that was great, however upon entering the room I was disappointed. I was greeted with an odd smell, the sheets were dirty, the bathroom was so small it was disappointing. I immediately went downstairs and asked them if they had any suites available, front desk told me that they were all sold out which is absolutely fine. However, I went on to my SPG app and found that there were suites still available. I left that alone. The indoor pool reeked of strong chlorine where it stung my eyes by just sitting on the chair, we couldn't even enjoy the pool at this hotel. I won't be staying at this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Matthew M, Manager at Sheraton Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback in reference to your stay at the Sheraton Virginia Beach. We take all of our guests feedback as an opportunity to improve our level of service we are providing to our guests.

I can certainly understand your disappointment with your most recent stay with us. We have provided your feedback to our housekeeping manager so that she can work with her team on addressing you housekeeping concerns from your room. I apologize for the misunderstanding with the guestroom and that a suite was not offered to you for your stay. Our engineering team will be reviewing the chlorine readings over the last few weeks to see if there were any concerns that should be addressed. We know that our indoor pool is an amenity that our guests truly enjoy and should be able to be experienced. I am sorry that you could not enjoy it during your stay.

I do hope you have an opportunity to visit with us again in the future so that we can have another opportunity to show you the level of service we are capable of providing.