The Tides Inn(Irvington)(Great Value!)
USD 226
USD 103
  • Pool
Best Western Kilmarnock Hotel(Kilmarnock)
USD 125
Hotels.com
Quality Inn Gloucester(Gloucester Courthouse)(Great Value!)
USD 74
QualityInn
Hampton Inn Gloucester(Gloucester Courthouse)
USD 94
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 131/night.

Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
USD 226
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 266/night.

USD 146
HolidayInn.com
Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
USD 85
HIExpress.com
USD 59
USD 57
All reviewssuper siteswater parkmini golfthe ice cream shopadult poollarge sitesnice campgroundcrab feastkids loved the slidesdriving golf cartsboat rentalsregular poolbike ridingrv sitesoyster festivalcamping experiencegreat camping
Reviewed 2 February 2018

This needs to be reviewed by Bethpage and their rules don't ever leave someone behind. I realize when you're work day is done you want to leave, but this went a little too far for me. Being unable to leave a place on purpose by a staff member doesn't set well at all.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EncoreThousandTrails, Guest Relations Manager at Bethpage Camp-Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear bragsda,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Bethpage Camp Resort.

We use your feedback as a guide to improve our park and help make each guest’s stay the best we can. Treating all of our customers well will always remain a top priority.

We apologize for any inconveniences. Your comments will be shared with our management team.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Ok, that’s a little harsh but, the new owners need to address the flooding that happens with even small amounts of rain. Considering the price paid for a site, you don’t want to wake up to a swamp. 4-WD was required by a few this morning.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cameramania
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We recently stayed at this resort with other members of our family for a long weekend. My son has a semi permanent site at this campground. Our daughter and her family joined us in their motor home for the long weekend. Unfortunately, it rained half the time we were there so we weren't really able to enjoy a lot of the amenities offered by the resort. I was a little surprised that we had to pay an additional $120.00 just to stay at our son's camper for the long weekend. He had already paid to put his camper there for the entire summer. This fee seems excessive to me. Two over 65 year old people can't possibly use that much electric, water, etc. for a long weekend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017

My family and I stayed a week at Bethpage Camp ground and resort in an RV. The camp sites are large and was able to accommodate my 40 Ft rig and our tow care. The bath houses where clean and the grounds where well organized. They offer many activity's which included bike rental, a pool with water attraction and a beach. They also had miniature golf, Boat rides, and a Ice cream rally. If your looking for a clean nice place in Virginia with plenty of fun things to do, Bethpage is your place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Redjaguar100
Reviewed 22 August 2017

My overall impress when I first entered was a well maintained large campground. I always consider a lot of permanent residents a sign that folks like to live here, so it should be nice. There is an escort to the site and that is a feature I appreciate as well. We were on the back end of Juniper and a we were able to pull in easily. The site looked large until I realized that my neighbors sewer drain was just outside our front door. We did not have a neighbor so I was not aware of it after that. I was told by one of the other guests that by the weekend, "our awnings would touch".

Cornhole is played for what feels like all night, but really until quiet hour which is at 11 pm. Not really a fan, so I was considerate for those who are, but it was easily my least favorite part of the trip. Constant sandbags hitting the bases. My general area was surrounded by very considerate campers overall.

The camp ground is enormous and there are several things to do that include the pool with three water slides and several different water play areas for varying ages groups. There are numerous playgrounds and the lake with trampoline. I did not use the bathhouses, but the bathrooms were clean. The entire campground is well maintained and the majority of the staff were very nice.

We played putt putt and although it was a hot day we enjoyed the course, I would recommend going when it is early or late in the day. When the sun is high, it was hot! The ice cream shop we visited twice. It was a distance from from the campgrounds but absolutely worth the visit. The pizza in the cafe near the pool was excellent. This was the only meal we had on the grounds, but I think worth a visit.

The slides to the pool empty into a shallow area, great for the kids, but shallow for adults. I hit my feet, but no causalities. The blue slide drops into an 8' pool, easier on the limbs.The pool area is large, once the campground fills up it becomes overwhelmingly crowded. It was difficult to always keep an eye on my kids, but they are old enough to check in on a regular basis. I would not have felt safe to let younger ones roam free.

The life guards on the stands seem to have their act together, attentive. The young lady with the arm bands seem to be engrossed in her phone or with other attendants to pay much attention to the kids. To her credit she did pay attention to the campers when they came to her with questions. I am just concerned when I see life guards that pay so little attention to the guests in the pool. The "manger" was attentive when he spoke to guests, but did seem to be in the middle of guest activities, to be managing anyone. I was extremely disappointed in much of the behavior of the staff at the pool since there was clearly a lot of alcohol use by guests and lifeguard are there to care for others if there is a problem. I was not convinced that they had life saving training. The lake is watch by a young man who was extremely nice, but I am sure not appropriately trained. Kids were diving off the dock and he did not have the authority to stop the behavior.

My kids loved the lake trampoline, but if it was crowded the kids would struggle to get on. The water is deep in this location, so a poor swimmer might have increased difficulty staying a float. The kids cannot be seen from one side so I worried unless I was in the water with my kids or it was just us. One of the rungs on the ladder was broken, maintenance did tell me they were ordering a part to fix it.

The camp is dog friendly. We brought our dog, but not everyone cleaned up after pets consistently. I felt obligated to remind a few kids where the bags were to clean up after their pets. On Sunday morning I found dog poop on the sidewalk.

The quiet hours begin at 11 pm. Noise is an issue until then. The weekdays had significant traffic, but bearable. The weekend was exceptionally busy and the noise increased. I would limit my next stay to week days only. We were there during the crab fest. I am under the impression based on other reviews, however, that is a common weekend event. The wifi was spotty but free.

I met numerous members of the maintenance staff and I cannot stress how friendly they all were. All stopped to talk and help whenever needed. Many wanted to know that you were enjoying your stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family