All reviews within walking distance raw bar coffee pot comfortable beds wedding toiletries deltaville
Reviewed 13 October 2017

I just love everything about this Inn The décor is beautiful, the rooms are very clean, it's in a great location, and Liz and John are very helpful and friendly. Our last visit involved food and a trip to Windmill Point. We always welcome a chance to eat at Merroir and we did. We tried a new restaurant that John told us about, the Urbanna Seafood Market and Raw Bar. We had steamed clams and oysters. Both were delicious. Can't wait to go back. We had a great breakfast at Something Different. On our way home we stopped at Diggs outside of Tappahannock and brought back delicious crab muffins and deviled crabs.

Room tip: I think they are probably all wonderful. I like the Lisa Room.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We just stayed at Chesapeake Inn for graduation.... we had 3 rooms. All were large and well appointed. Very comfortable beds! The bathrooms were a little small and there was no where to put our toiletries.There was a full fridge & microwave & coffee pot.
AIt is right in the center of town and 12 min drive to the boarding school near by. My only negative really was that I had tried to book this hotel in the past and never got call backs.... or they would be several days later. It was a seemless great stay this time.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I love the Chesapeake Inn for its location, staff, & comfy, boutique ambiance. The rooms are tastefully decorated, very comfortable & there are great restaurants within a short walk. The town of Urbanna is interesting & I even found some items in the antique shop on the way into town, plus enjoy the marina, shops & local restaurants. Travel to the Inn at Montross for an elegant dinner or Sunday brunch or visit Stratford Hall to see Robert E. Lee's birthplace. Colonial Beach & several nice wineries are en route. It's a lovely, relaxing weekend trip.

Room tip: I like the Ocean room with its seashore décor (but not overdone)
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I booked this lovely little place after seeing a Living Social Deal. I was taking my husband for a surprise Birthday weekend. Not only did John go out of his way to help but gave me all the local recommendations I needed to plan additional surprises. Rooms are clean, all themed and comfortable. Don't let the outside fool you either. Tucked back off the street this older inn has been brought to life. House keeper Liz is a wonderful lady who will keep every room in order. This is another hidden coastal town that we will go back to in warmer weather. They had plenty of guests while we were there and everyone knew this inn well wherever we went. Highly recommend! Thank you Jon for helping me pull off an awesome Birthday weekend for my husband. We so enjoyed our visit.

Room tip: Not a bad room choice in my opinion!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
thechesapeakeinn, Owner at The Chesapeake Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you for your kind review Jacqueline! It was a pleasure meeting you and your husband and we look forward to seeing you again in warmer weather!!!

John Milby
Owner/Inn Manger
The Chesapeake Inn

Reviewed 19 December 2016

A bunch of us attended a wedding nearby, then several families rented rooms here. It was very pretty. What we noticed when we first arrived was that the place was very, very hot. Liz stated that they had turned the heaters on and opened the room doors in order to heat the building.We walked in the hallway, noticing several open doors. The rooms are very pretty and nicely decorated. The colors are beautiful, with each room in unique colors and decor. We stayed n The Mohito Room, which is Suite 0, at the end of the hall. Since all of us were attending the same wedding, we dragged chairs out into the breezeway & socialized after we came back from the reception. Three of the group stayed out there yapping until 4 am. The beds were very comfortable, the room somewhat warm. We ended up (in the morning) actually turning from heat to air condition. The pillows were large & firm; I ended up sleeping without a pillow at all. The many pillows on the bed could be used for elevating knees and legs at rest time. Also, our son had foot pain & could elevate his feet. We had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. We were given soap, shampoo and lotion, as well as coffee & tea bags. There is another hallway with extra tea bags & coffee creamer, etc. as well as ice. We had virtually NO closet space for hanging our clothes that we were preparing to wear to the wedding. we had 3 hangers squeezed in between the refrigerator & the wall. Our son had to hang his suit on the back of the bathroom door. I ended up tossing my dress over a chair. The shower was great- the water was soft and hot. Liz and the man in the office were very nice & helpful, telling us that we could check out whenever we felt like it, no rush. I wished I had more time to lay on that big bed and relax, but our son had to get home to his dog. All in all, it was a great place to stay & we are glad we found it !!!!!! Also- our daughter left early & accidentally took one key home in her purse. Liz told us no problem, we could mail it with no fee !

Room tip: Suite 0 at the end of the hall was super quiet and away from the main intersection
Date of stay: December 2016