The Chesapeake Inn
The Tides Inn(Irvington)(Great Value!)
USD 347
USD 136
Travelocity
USD 84
USD 80
Quality Inn Gloucester(Gloucester Courthouse)(Great Value!)
USD 84
QualityInn
Hampton Inn Gloucester(Gloucester Courthouse)
USD 160
Hampton.com
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
USD 371
USD 313
USD 281
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
All reviewswithin walking distanceraw barfull size refrigeratora living social dealcoffee potshort walka great place to staycomfortable bedsweddingtoiletriessoaphallwaymontross
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We just stayed at Chesapeake Inn for graduation.... we had 3 rooms. All were large and well appointed. Very comfortable beds! The bathrooms were a little small and there was no where to put our toiletries.There was a full fridge & microwave & coffee pot.
AIt is right in the center of town and 12 min drive to the boarding school near by. My only negative really was that I had tried to book this hotel in the past and never got call backs.... or they would be several days later. It was a seemless great stay this time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I love the Chesapeake Inn for its location, staff, & comfy, boutique ambiance. The rooms are tastefully decorated, very comfortable & there are great restaurants within a short walk. The town of Urbanna is interesting & I even found some items in the antique shop on the way into town, plus enjoy the marina, shops & local restaurants. Travel to the Inn at Montross for an elegant dinner or Sunday brunch or visit Stratford Hall to see Robert E. Lee's birthplace. Colonial Beach & several nice wineries are en route. It's a lovely, relaxing weekend trip.

Room Tip: I like the Ocean room with its seashore décor (but not overdone)
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2017

I booked this lovely little place after seeing a Living Social Deal. I was taking my husband for a surprise Birthday weekend. Not only did John go out of his way to help but gave me all the local recommendations I needed to plan additional surprises. Rooms are clean, all themed and comfortable. Don't let the outside fool you either. Tucked back off the street this older inn has been brought to life. House keeper Liz is a wonderful lady who will keep every room in order. This is another hidden coastal town that we will go back to in warmer weather. They had plenty of guests while we were there and everyone knew this inn well wherever we went. Highly recommend! Thank you Jon for helping me pull off an awesome Birthday weekend for my husband. We so enjoyed our visit.

Room Tip: Not a bad room choice in my opinion!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
thechesapeakeinn, Owner at The Chesapeake Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you for your kind review Jacqueline! It was a pleasure meeting you and your husband and we look forward to seeing you again in warmer weather!!!

John Milby
Owner/Inn Manger
The Chesapeake Inn

Reviewed 19 December 2016

A bunch of us attended a wedding nearby, then several families rented rooms here. It was very pretty. What we noticed when we first arrived was that the place was very, very hot. Liz stated that they had turned the heaters on and opened the room doors in order to heat the building.We walked in the hallway, noticing several open doors. The rooms are very pretty and nicely decorated. The colors are beautiful, with each room in unique colors and decor. We stayed n The Mohito Room, which is Suite 0, at the end of the hall. Since all of us were attending the same wedding, we dragged chairs out into the breezeway & socialized after we came back from the reception. Three of the group stayed out there yapping until 4 am. The beds were very comfortable, the room somewhat warm. We ended up (in the morning) actually turning from heat to air condition. The pillows were large & firm; I ended up sleeping without a pillow at all. The many pillows on the bed could be used for elevating knees and legs at rest time. Also, our son had foot pain & could elevate his feet. We had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. We were given soap, shampoo and lotion, as well as coffee & tea bags. There is another hallway with extra tea bags & coffee creamer, etc. as well as ice. We had virtually NO closet space for hanging our clothes that we were preparing to wear to the wedding. we had 3 hangers squeezed in between the refrigerator & the wall. Our son had to hang his suit on the back of the bathroom door. I ended up tossing my dress over a chair. The shower was great- the water was soft and hot. Liz and the man in the office were very nice & helpful, telling us that we could check out whenever we felt like it, no rush. I wished I had more time to lay on that big bed and relax, but our son had to get home to his dog. All in all, it was a great place to stay & we are glad we found it !!!!!! Also- our daughter left early & accidentally took one key home in her purse. Liz told us no problem, we could mail it with no fee !

Room Tip: Suite 0 at the end of the hall was super quiet and away from the main intersection
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

My husband and I recently travelled to Urbanna to celebrate my birthday. We took a cruise with local Captain Phil -highly recommend!
After a half day of driving,the cruise and a good dinner we were ready to get back to our hotel room.
The Chesapeake Inn staff was super friendly.
The room had all the amenities you could need; including a full size refrigerator!
The beds were comfortable. The room was clean and cozy.
We were there the night of a big holiday party across the street-and were woken by people in the halls and rooms next door in the early morning. No big deal for us.
The location is perfect for walking to local shops and restaurants, or the marina. Pretty much all is within walking distance.
Would have loved to have had the time to ride one of the bikes. Next time! They looked fun!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple