All reviews homemade granola upstairs suite b bs northern neck wonderful stay rappahannock river enjoy your stay breakfast was amazing good size comfortable bed judith labs hosts linens virginia
Reviewed 27 April 2017

My son is in school near by and this is my go to place to stay when I come for a visit. The Inn keepers couldn't be nicer or more accommodating. Rooms are good size, very clean, nice linens and well appointed bathrooms. They cook a wonderful breakfast in the morning that is delicious! Urbana is a cute town and the B&B is a short walk to everything. I know you will enjoy your stay at this charming property.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Judith D, Owner at Atherston Hall Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Thank you for such a nice review. We have enjoyed you and your family staying with us while your son was at school close by and wish him well.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

2 friends and I stayed at Atherston Hall the night before participating in the annual REStrong walk/run fund raiser for Virginia Commonwealth University's Massey Cancer Center. Judith was such a gracious hostess, accommodating us with a perfect early breakfast the morning of the event. This home is lovely and welcoming, and the rooms (upstairs suite and downstairs room) were beautifully decorated, immaculate, and had every amenity you should want. My only regret is that I did not have more time to enjoy the comfort and ambience of the inn! This location in the waterfront town of Urbanna is so quiet and peaceful. You don't need to move your car if you want to enjoy a relaxing night or two in the town. You can walk anywhere, highlights being the marinas at the waterfront, and the town's waterfront park on Rappahannock Ave. where you get an expansive view of the Rappahannock River as it heads out into the Chesapeake Bay. And there are a surprising number of shops for a small town, if you are so inclined. I highly recommend this for a relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: Upstairs suite is great for 2 women or for a couple with one child
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Judith D, Owner at Atherston Hall Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

We were delighted to welcome your for the R E Strong run ... such a great event. We are happyyou all enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

My parents and I stayed at Atherston Hall during a recent spring weekend. I've stayed in many B&Bs in the US and the UK, and Atherston Hall out-does them all.

Judith and Bill were very accommodating, meeting us warmly despite our later than planned arrival, and making breakfast earlier to reflect our schedule.

The guest rooms are clean and fresh while also being comfortable and welcoming. Each is decorated tastefully yet simply, and the linens, towels and bath products are high quality.

The breakfasts were delicious, and included possibly the best poached eggs I've ever had and homemade granola I'll be trying to replicate. Judith also makes tea, coffee, fruit and a variety of snacks available, as well as chocolates and bottled water in each room.

After a busy morning out, we enjoyed relaxing in the sun in the lovely rear gardens chatting with Judith, Bill and their two affectionate labs, Savannah and Rosie.

I cannot recommend Atherston Hall highly enough, and my family is looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2017

The upstairs suite is lovely and is very private. The bed, linens, and towels are all high quality. Breakfast was amazing (poached eggs with asparagus one morning and soft-scrambled eggs with bacon the next). Plus, there is homemade granola, fruit, coffee, pastries, etc. It was really special. There was absolutely nothing going on in the town when we went during the off-season, but we enjoyed taking walks, reading our books, lounging and napping, and just enjoying some time away. Thanks for a great stay! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Upper room is the best, by far. Not all rooms have fridges.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Atherston Bungalow. What a beautiful and cozy home. Our hostess Judith was very gracious and gave us suggestions for nearby restaurants . Everything we needed was provided. Luxurious towels, food basket, coffee, cream, juice and water. This home is beautifully decorated and we would recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable retreat.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family