All reviews homemade granola upstairs suite b bs northern neck wonderful stay rappahannock river enjoy your stay breakfast was amazing good size comfortable bed judith labs hosts linens virginia
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Atherston Bungalow. What a beautiful and cozy home. Our hostess Judith was very gracious and gave us suggestions for nearby restaurants . Everything we needed was provided. Luxurious towels, food basket, coffee, cream, juice and water. This home is beautifully decorated and we would recommend to anyone looking for a comfortable retreat.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2016

A relaxing stay in a lovely home from home. Great breakfasts, lovely rooms, comfortable porch to chill, read or doz off. UIrbanna is a quiet town with good places to eat and some boutique shops. It is not far to walk to the water wher there is a marina.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Beautiful home, every detail cared for, extremely clean, comfortable bedding, charming decor and very friendly owners! We had not a single issue, food was outstanding and can't wait to return. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Beth B
Judith D, Owner at Atherston Hall Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Thank you so much for your delightful review! We enjoyed talkingg to you both about the many issues taking central stage at present! We hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We were in town to visit friends and needed a place to stay. They were full up but had a cottage on the outskirts of town. Wow!! It was a museum quality reproduction of an Arts and Crafts bungalow. What a place of beauty. We were there to visit friends so regrettably did not spend much time at the bungalow but it would be a wonderful place for a couple to stay for a weekend or an extended stay. We ate back at the B&B and breakfast was both good and convivial.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2016

We stayed overnight Saturday, Labor Day weekend. I had been in contact with the owner, Judith, prior to our stay because I have family nearby. Then, after having an allergic reaction at my parents' house, I emailed Judith last minute Saturday morning to see if we could stay that same night. She emailed me back immediately. We couldn't have felt more comfortable and welcome. Our room was immaculate, and we got a glimpse at the other rooms, and they looked similarly clean. I have dust allergies so it was wonderful to see everything spotless. Additionally, there was an air purifier in our room, but we didn't need it. Also, my eleven-year old son had a grand time. The room had books about England, and he spent much of his time there reading. We all enjoyed the side porch and the beautiful garden. Judith's husband Bill took our son over to the dock and showed him his sailing boat. Both Judith and Bill made us feel like family. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever been in. It was sumptuous! I would've stayed in bed except for the breakfast the next morning.I couldn't miss it. Everything was lovely. We had veggie omelettes, lemon pound cake, waffles, homemade granola, fresh fruit, juice, and lots more. One of our favorite things about Atherston Hall were the two dogs, yellow labs Savannah and Rosie. They were so sweet. We absolutely plan to return to Atherston Hall. The sooner the better. Also, another great thing about this wonderful place is that it's affordable and you can walk everywhere in town. There are lots of antique stores and an old soda fountain at Marshall's drug store. I highly recommend Atherston Hall. My son was asking if he could stay behind and live there. He also took many pictures because he wants his own house--when he grows up--to look exactly like Atherston Hall.

Room Tip: Our room was a suite, very quiet, in the back of the house, and it had space for three.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family