All reviews room was clean instant oatmeal sized fridge free wifi full kitchen front desk person dc tysons mall
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

The staff were extremely helpful. I was bringing in a handicap person for the nite and I couldn't ask for anymore help then I got. The room and towels are worn and in need of updating. They were cleaning the carpets during my stay so it shows they are doing their best to keep it clean. If I was in town for a short stay I would go there again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please accept our apologies that some of the linen you received were worn. We will make sure to do a check and replace any old linen. However, I am pleased to read you were well accommodated by our staff and that you would stay with us again. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

The room was clean and had nice new towels YaY!!
Bad was comfortable and Very quiet what was a plus for me .
Very nice and friendly staff, ready for help.
The housekeeper was a sweet lady.
Great coffee but I wish I could have some omelette Lol.
I could use one more blanket but not big deal because I always travel with one small one.
I would stay again.
Thank you for your hard work !!!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Achybior
Reviewed 27 October 2016

This was my very first experience in an extended stay (ES), so really can't compare how things are at extended stays. My family got a room for 4 adults at the ground level near the parking lot, which is fine. The room had the garbage dumpster next to it which was not fine, so we asked for a different room, alas, it was all booked. The facility which really made our stay comfortable were having a washer-dryer facility. It was a must for us at one of the stays in our 11 day trip. The staff was friendly and provided us with utensils when requested. This place is not very far from safeway (about 2 miles), Indian grocery store and Annapurna, an Indian eating joint. So, the food and groceries were easily available.
Metro station isn't far too though it would require a vehicle or bicycle to reach the station. There is a Macy's and other stores near station parking, so there you go shoppers!
The ES is at a significant distance from most of the DC attractions, and travelling in metro seems a sane idea as roads are always jampacked.
Our room was not very clean and it had a strong chemical smell when we entered the room. In Spite of being really tired after driving from New York, we had to spray room freshener, leave the window open for aeration and go out for another 2 hours. The beds were not very comfortable too as they would sink in too much. The carpet needs an immediate replacement since it looks really murky. And to top it all, there was some renovation going right in front of our room which led to constant drilling noises and chaos in the corridor apart from chemical smells ruining it for us.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank psychdeep
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the renovation going on in front of your room, a strong chemical smell, as well as, the need to replace the carpet and bed being uncomfortable and would sink too much is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we are working on replacing the carpet, guest amenities such as beds and structure of the property to meet and exceed your expectation; this will ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at tyc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

I was relocating back to the DC area and had to find a place within my budget for 30 days which was a challenge. I had stayed at a couple of Extended Stay properties in the Miami area and had been satisfied with them, so I decided to book here. In hindsight, I should have looked elsewhere.

First, the positive points about this Extended Stay property: Quiet, in a safe residential/commercial neighborhood. Plenty of FREE parking. Free coffee and tea, granola bars, and convenience store-style muffins for breakfast. Tyson's Corner Metro station is about a 15-20 minute walk away; during rush hours, there is a commuter bus with a stop down the street that takes you to the Metro station. Free wifi that was adequate for basic needs, but not fast.

Now, the negative aspects of this property. The room had strong bad smells throughout my stay. Stale smoke (even though the hotel is supposed to be smoke-free), cooking, chemical or other odors. I was in a hurry to check in and unpack my extensive luggage since I was going to be staying for a month, so changing rooms would have been a hassle. Furthermore, I don't think any of the other rooms would have been any better. Keep in mind that ESA caters to people staying for extended periods, and in this hotel, it felt more like a budget apartment house of studio apartments. People were cooking full meals -- not just microwaving frozen dinners or take-out pizza -- with cooking oils and spices and opening their doors to air out their rooms, in the process spreading the odors through the whole hallway. Those odors over time accumulate, especially when housekeeping is only offered once a week for extended stays. On top of that, either the materials used in the furniture or the cleansers they used also had a strong chemical odor. The saving grace was that the room had windows that opened and, in September, I was able to open them to air out the room without it being either too hot or too cold.

The other negative part of this place was the poor or careless maintenance such as a smoke alarm that had been knocked off the wall and not replaced (when I checked in), wall trim and other elements that had been taped together rather than properly repaired. When the shower diverter was lifted up to use the shower, the water would stop flowing completely and/or would cause the plumbing to vibrate violently and create a disturbing humming noise that made me afraid the plumbing would burst. The trick seemed to be to lift the shower diverter only half-way, so that some water came out of the shower, but most was wasted flowing out of the spout and down the drain. And the shower curtain had mold forming on the bottom.

If you want kitchen utensils, plates and cups, and pots and pans, you need to ask for them from the the Front Desk. It took me several days to get a lid for the pot they gave me.

In summary, it covered the basic needs, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed for a week on business. This is a value priced option, not a hotel full of amenities. Free WiFi is slow at best, when it is available at all. Room is large, bed comfortable. I'd stay again for business, wouldn't bring my family here.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I'm glad you found value in our hotel, but disappointed that you felt our amenities were lacking. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.