“The surroundings will enchant you.”
other travellers have booked this property
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains Snow on the mountain top
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains
Snow on the mountain top
The living room with leather club furniture and 42 inch flat screen SAT TV
Kitchen
one of two bedrooms each with two double beds
One of two full bathrooms
Hill Top
Night time
Fire pit on the porch
Sunset
Looking through the windows of Pondview
Looking across the pond
Mountain View
Tent is available for events
Hanging out by the fire
Snow at the Cabins
Summer at the Cabins
Rose River Farm Rainbow
Native Brookie
Blue Gill in the pond
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
RIchard_A...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The surroundings will enchant you.”
Reviewed 23 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

We stayed in the lovely Mountain View cabin. Outside, Graves Mountain captures you first, its blue-green mounds like rounded backs of gentle beasts at rest. The long meadow before you is half-circled by a green froth of trees shimmering in the sunlight. For me, a writer, this place, so quiet and still, is heaven.

Samantha...
“Kids said Best Family Vacation!”
Reviewed 21 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018
person found this review helpful

Our non-fishing family with two kids had an awesome three night stay at Rose River Farm's Mountain View cabin. Like other reviews have mentioned, the place was extremely clean and very comfortable (A/C worked great on the muggy days!). There wasn't a single amenity we missed: coffee and sugar in a fully prepared kitchen, sparkling clean spacious bathrooms, roomy couches for family to sit around for games, and a large round kitchen table for family meals.

Our vacation was to visit the region for the Perseid meteor shower, hike up White Oak's trail to the waterfalls, visit a winery, and enjoy the fire pit in the evenings. Even with daily intermittent storms and clouds, we still had beautiful views of the mountains during the day and the sky at night. The recommendation from Mr. Douglas for the Du Card winery was a perfect choice as well as the Circle B stables for horseback riding. Firewood was replenished daily for our nightly firepit s'mores (tip: when all the area kindling is too wet, visit the far right back of the Syria Mercantile for fire starter logs). Wifi was available, but the region is spotty for cell phone service so be ready to enjoy being disconnected for a while. My family is already looking forward to returning someday and I highly recommend a stay for your family.

Elizabeth...
“Heaven Must Be Like This”
Reviewed 10 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

The cabins at Rose River Farm are our new favorite retreat. The yurt is artfully appointed, comfortable and cozy (yet spacious) with everything you need and more, inside and out. The setting is serene and gorgeous, beautiful for just chillin' watching the clouds float by, bird watching, star gazing and oh those butterflies! Great wineries and other points of interest nearby, but hard to leave the restorative embrace of the cabin. From our first inquiry through our stay Douglas has been quickly responsive, helpful and gracious. 5 stars really isn't enough to convey how special it is here. Can't wait to come back!

uschmlo
Boston, Massachusetts
“Peaceful, swanky home-base for lots of exciting, restorative activities!”
Reviewed 30 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Y'all. I. Loved. This. Yurt.

My mom and I booked the Pond View Yurt to celebrate my birthday, and as an avid fly-fisherwoman, I am thrilled that we went with Rose River Farm. First of all, Doug is so responsive (He replies to emails within MINUTES!) and the yurts are so nicely appointed that you instantly feel welcome. It's so easy to drive to from DC, and once you get to the yurt, everything you might need is under 15 minutes away (including a delicious winery - where you have a complimentary tasting arranged, courtesy of Doug!).

The cabin is set up nicely for fly-fishing enthusiasts, but it's also welcoming to those who don't fish and just want to relax (just ask my mom!). The furnishings are incredibly comfortable, and strike a distinguished, but not stuffy tone. The bedrooms are large, with comfortable beds, and the bathrooms are big and have updated features. My mom and I marveled over and over at how large the yurt seemed, given that it is a single circular structure. We never felt like we were on top of each other, and given the large living room area and the wide front porch (and the pond in the front yard!) there are plenty of places for guests to relax.

Which brings me to the best feature of the yurt: it is so, so, so, so relaxing. Sit on the front porch in the mornings or evenings and watch a family of deer munching grass or a heron snagging minnows. Listen to the lowing of the cattle over the hill. Watch the clouds change shape and color as they glide over the mountains. Eat lunch with a view of the mountains reflected in the pond. There always seemed to be a gentle breeze and we didn't find it buggy at all.

As an outdoorsy person, I was thrilled to have so many places to fish within 15 minutes, as well as hikes, vistas, and the promise of Skyline drive if I really wanted to lean into a Shenandoah weekend. And Doug is super supportive of anglers - he kindly lent me a landing net (purely on the honor system!) when I realized I'd left mine in DC.

My mom and I felt like we could be totally alone if we wanted, but knew that the Rose River Team was just down the road and ready to help if we needed anything else. Just take a look at the RRF Instagram or Facebook account - they obviously love what they do, they love their property, and it shows in the furnishings, decor, and location. It's a great getaway, and I hope to make it an annual tradition from here on out! Thank you to Doug and his team!

Logan

Curious33...
“The best word I can say about our Rose River Cabin stay- serene.”
Reviewed 16 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We came for a one night stay to check out the Cabins and the fly fishing. We have fished in this area before and already knew the area is beautiful so we are looking into accommodations for longer stays. As soon as we pulled up to the yurt we loved it. As soon as we arrived, it started pouring rain. So we snuggled into the cozy leather sofa and chairs and enjoyed it. Soon we were able to take the short walk to to pond for some fly fishing. We all caught some small ones and had a great time. Nice little pond and view of the mountains, the meadow was just delightful. We enjoyed seeing the mama and baby deer in the meadow. As the sun was starting to set, we got some beautiful pictures of the mountain reflected in the pond. We managed to get the steaks cooked between rain showers and then a great campfire. The yurt is so cozy, fully stocked kitchen, spotless bathrooms, and even a fly tying table. We were all so impressed with the care that was put into making it a great place to stay. We hope to be back soon for a longer stay and explore more fishing spots, wineries, hiking to the waterfall, etc.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing