“Ms”
other travellers have booked this property
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains Snow on the mountain top
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains
Snow on the mountain top
The living room with leather club furniture and 42 inch flat screen SAT TV
Kitchen
one of two bedrooms each with two double beds
One of two full bathrooms
Hill Top
Night time
Fire pit on the porch
Sunset
Looking through the windows of Pondview
Looking across the pond
Mountain View
Tent is available for events
Hanging out by the fire
Snow at the Cabins
Summer at the Cabins
Rose River Farm Rainbow
Native Brookie
Blue Gill in the pond
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Happiness...
“Ms”
Reviewed 27 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Fantastic relaxing stay. A perfect combination of mod cons but still the best atmosphere Pond outside the door and top fishing. Mountain view so beautiful. The most wonderful respite

Seth G
Richmond, Virginia
“Fantastic Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed 26 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My wife and I spent 3 nights in the Hilltop Cabin and can't say enough about how fantastic the whole experience was. The cabin was beautiful inside and out. There is a nice covered porch and patio with a grill and fire pit outside, and inside, every amenity you would find in a nice hotel. We especially enjoyed the privacy that the Hilltop provides- makes you feel like your the only ones there. Douglas(owner) was extremely helpful in making sure that everything was just right for our trip. Earl stops by daily to make sure everything is to your liking and replaces any firewood you might have burned the previous night.

Now the fishing.... My wife and I booked a guide through Rose River, which I would recommend if your a 1st timer like we were. John was extremely patient and very knowledgeable and a great teacher/coach. He had my wife and I both hooked into monster Rainbows in the first 30-45 minutes and the action didn't stop. He was able to impart enough of his wisdom to my wife and I, that we continued to catch fish after we parted ways that afternoon as well as the following day.

All in all, it was an incredible weekend. We couldn't have asked for a more pleasurable experience. I highly recommend a visit to Rose River Farms.

Liked best: everything
Liked least: that we couldn't stay longer
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Ryan P
Arlington, Virginia
“Paradise in the Piedmont”
Reviewed 4 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My family celebrated my 30th birthday with two nights at the Mountain View Cabin and a day of fishing at the farm. We borrowed a couple of pairs of hip waders and a spare fly rod from the barn fly shop and hooked into some of the finest brook, brown, and rainbow trout I've ever seen. The highlight for of the weekend was the opportunity to hold up a big rainbow for my 8mo. old son to touch and experience for the first time.

The cabins are beautiful, well appointed, and a great place to turn of your cell phone and unwind. Bring some charcoal with you and take advantage of the grill and outdoor fire pit.

My wife and sister enjoyed a free wine tasting and afternoon at DuCard just down the road, complimentary for cabin guests.

We'll be back! This is truly a special place.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Tara J
Leesburg, Virginia
“Superb accommodations for angelers and families alike”
Reviewed 4 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Thank you for sharing your little slice of heaven with our family this past week. We had two wonderful nights in the Mountain View yurt - everything was perfect and well thought out. The kids enjoyed fishing the pond (they both caught fish, which makes everyone happy!) and we explored the ponds across the way on the main farm. My husband has fished Rose River Farm on day 'passes' for years and has always wanted to try the yurt, and we finally did, and it did not disappoint.

The accommodations were just lovely. We hope to be back!

Travelling group: Young Children
KendallOs...
Norfolk, Virginia
“Beautiful Night in the Mountains”
Reviewed 31 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I won a single night stay here in a charity auction. Drove up with my wife. We were in the mountain view cabin. It was spotless and very clean. Nice view of the mountains. The pond view cabin has almost the same view and the 3rd cabin has a mountain view in winter but trees may block that when leaves are out. I did a little fishing and my wife walked and took photos of the cows next door. We built a fire in the pit in the evening. Wood was supplied and matches but no kindling. You can walk around the tree line to find all the kindling you want. I do wish it was a pinch less expensive but if you are a family it is a good deal and if fishing buddies split it 2 to 4 ways it is not too bad for such high quality and location in the mountains.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing