“The Cabins at Rose River Farm - The perfect...”
other travellers have booked this property
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains Snow on the mountain top
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pondview
View of the pond and mountains
Snow on the mountain top
The living room with leather club furniture and 42 inch flat screen SAT TV
Kitchen
one of two bedrooms each with two double beds
One of two full bathrooms
Hill Top
Night time
Fire pit on the porch
Sunset
Looking through the windows of Pondview
Looking across the pond
Mountain View
Tent is available for events
Hanging out by the fire
Snow at the Cabins
Summer at the Cabins
Rose River Farm Rainbow
Native Brookie
Blue Gill in the pond
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Pat B
Alexandria, Virginia
“The Cabins at Rose River Farm - The perfect weekend getaway from DC”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

My family had a wonderful time at the Mountain View Cabin this past weekend. I always look forward to staying at the luxury cabins at Rose River Farm. This was my third time staying here. (I've stayed at the Pond View cabin the last two times). The setting is idyllic and the cabins are run very smoothly – there is little to do but show up and enjoy the scenic mountains. It’s the perfect getaway from DC – for fly fishing or just enjoying the relaxing and beautiful landscape of the Piedmont region. We enjoyed grilling out in front of the cabin and relaxing by the fire in the evening with local wines. We also took a short trip into Culpepper and enjoyed DuCard Vineyards which is only a few minutes up the road from the Cabins. To top it all off, the coffee at the cabins was the best I’ve ever tasted. We’ll definitely be back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Grilling out and making a fire
Liked least: Nothing to report.
Travelling group: Young Children
Jackie P
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Beautiful, relaxing”
Reviewed 27 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

My niece who lives in NC wanted to stay in a Yurt for her b'day. Rose River Farm was the closest place that had one. I had never heard of a yurt before, I am a 4 star hotel gal! All I can say is WOW! It was a 2 bdrm yurt complete with full kitchen, full baths, cable tv and best of all the most Stunning view of nature you could ever want to see right outside the many windows. So relaxing and tranquil.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was just like home, but with maid service!
Liked least: I saw one little tiny spider in the bathroom, but it is in the wilderness!
Travelling group: Other
Will F
Christiansburg, Virginia
“I have found a new "happy place!"”
Reviewed 24 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

This was the absolute best get away for my wife and I! We serve as pastors and we needed a mini-sabbatical for a few days. Rose River Farm was the perfect location for us. The fishing was amazing and the accommodations were stellar! I was able to spend the days on the water while my wife either read books on the river bank or back at the cabin. I landed nearly 25 fish on Monday and close to 12 on Tuesday with only a half day of fishing! Thanks for your generous hospitality for my wife and I! Your farm is stunning and I hope to return. I can't even begin to tell you how relaxed we have been between the river and the yurt.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The views and the fishing
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
briancgre...
Markham, Virginia
“Will be back as soon as possible”
Reviewed 6 May 2013 for a stay in April 2013

I can't say enough about this place. My wife and i stayed here for the night and then i fished the river with my friends. We stayed at the "Pond View" Cabin. Huge glass windows surround the front of the cabin looking out at the Pond (which is FULL of fish). There is an iron fire pit by the wraparound porch . . . And firewood! They had a nice stack of locust and oak sitting there for us. You really feel like you are staying somewhere special when you are here. And you are surrounded by fantastic hiking, biking and fishing.

Value Location
Chris S
Alexandria, Virginia
“Stunning scenery and first rate trout fishing”
Reviewed 6 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Douglas,

Thanks for another great day of fishing at the farm and overnight stay at the cabins. Knew you had some large brook trout and finally caught one. I hooked approximately 13 nice fish by 1pm and landed 8 to 10 (so many fish I finally lost count) - several trout around 16" but the brook trout was the highlight. The cabins are amazing. Super clean, quiet, great views and kid friendly. My boys (age 7 and 4) love the semi annual trip to Rose River. We always book the next trip as soon as we get home. Already looking forward to the October trip.

Liked best: Fishing
Travelling group: Young Children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing