All reviewsfront deskthe shuttle driverrecommend this hotellong flightrental carnice hotelyogurtfree breakfastpark and flyairportdullesvanessaairlinesofainnsclerkdc
Reviewed 24 April 2016

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into the hotel. I am a Choice loyalty member and my room had been upgraded. I had a very nice, large room. In the morning it was a short drive to Dulles to return my rental car. The one issue I had was that every time someone on the call opened or closed their room door it sucked my door back and forth like someone was trying to open it. I finally put a piece of furniture against the door to stop it from moving and waking me up. I was on the 4th floor.

Stayed: April 2016
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Hello Jpballi,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad that you find us convenient to where you needed to be. Your concerns have been noted and will be addressed. It was our pleasure to be at your service and we hope to be at your service next time you are in our area gain.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2016

This is a great place located near IAD. We stayed before and after a trip out of the country. The staff went out of thier way to accommodate our travel needs. Breakfast was good. The most important thing though is that the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Hello Mr. Scott L.,
Thank you for the 5 star rating you provided Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway. It is truly an honor for my team and I to know that we have provided you with a 5 star experience. It was our pleasure to be at your service and we hope to be at your service next time. We love having you back with us!!!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2016

We stayed at the Comfort Inn the night before we flew out of Dulles. It was very convenient, especially since we could park our car during the trip. The gentleman that checked us is was extremely professional and friendly. He made us feel welcome and taken care of. The room was clean and met our needs.

My biggest complaint was the level of noise from the room next door. I have never stayed in a hotel where I could hear my neighbors quite to clearly. I'm not sure if the issue was the adjoining door or just thin walls. Our next door neighbors had several small children with lots of energy and parents who did not agree about how to handle them. Needless to say I heard them long past my bed time and again during the night.

They offer a free breakfast, which is in line with the typically offering of a Comfort Inn. The airport shuttle was very timely on our way to the airport, but our return trip wasn't as speedy. I called when I arrived at the airport as instructed and was told that the shuttle would be there in 10-15 minutes. I ended up having to call a second time, in all waiting about 40 minutes for the shuttle.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Hello Ms. Kelly L.,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad you find our amenities convenient and favorable. I also want to thank you for recognizing my team's exceptional service during you stay with us. My apologies if we fell short on some of your expectations and please know that your concerns have been noted and will be addressed. It was truly a pleasure to have served you and we look forward to be at your service when you are in our again.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

Stayed here just for a single night after a late arrival. Comfortable room and bed. Slept well and had more than adequate breakfast. Slight problem on arrival at Dulles as the confirmation doesn't say anything about ringing the hotel or where to pick up the mini-bus. Coming out of Inernational Arrivals, we didn't see any courtesy phones and we were directed to kerb 2a. By good fortune, we spotted the bus and flagged the driver down. He told us they only were only supposed to pick up at 2h. How were we supposed to know? He picked us up and proceeded to 2h and his other passenger. The following morning, a different driver kindly took us to the Car Rental Centre rather than the airport, which saved us some time and hassle.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello Spendingitnow,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. My apologies if you were not informed of our hotel shuttle pick up process and for falling short on your expectation. Please know that your concern have been addressed. I trust that the rest of your experience went well and we hope to be at your service again in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Last year I called Comfort Inn to make a reservation two days before my trip. However, upon checking in, I was stunned to learn I had been designated as a “no-show”! (Huh???) and that my room was no longer available. They had been expecting me the evening before. I had “not shown” because that was not the travel date I had given the young lady. To add to this insult, I had already been billed for the room!

Due to a local convention, most of the remaining rooms were booked, leaving only rooms that were way out of my budget. We left in disgust to take our business to another establishment. But they, too, were filled with conventioneers, and we spent several hours fruitlessly searching for a room. We finally succeeded in procuring one, although still at a higher cost than the one we had hoped to enjoy at the Comfort Inn.

When I called the Comfort Inn to make my reservation, the young lady I spoke with seemed somewhat inept. Perhaps she was new, or in training. In any case, she did not even know what a AAA discount meant, and put me on hold while she went to go find out! Looking back, I realize she never even asked me for my email address to send me a confirmation. I believe that it was due to her incompetence that my reservation was bungled.

I sent Mr. Jay Javid a polite letter requesting that I be reimbursed for the money Comfort Inn helped itself to from my bank account. Several months later I send him a follow-up letter reminding him that I had not yet been reimbursed, To this day, I have not heard back from him.

Comfort Inn’s staff made a mistake which cost me nearly $200!!! I hope somehow this can be rectified.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loretta O
comfortdullesgm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Hello Ms. Loretta O.,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. I would like to personally apologize for any inconvenience you've experience and I want to correct any mistakes done from your past experience. I am the new General Manager and I want to make this right for you if you would please allow me to do so.