All reviewsmountain paradisehot tubsugar shackshenandoah national parkskyline driveunpaved roadfire pitcrooked oakwheel drive carlog cabindancing bearfully equipped kitchenrelaxing weekendbeautiful cabinstar gazing at nightwonderful stayfireplace
Reviewed 4 October 2016

We arrived at night so it was pretty hard to find the actual cabin (terrible signage and no lighting to direct us in the middle of nowhere), but once we found it, we LOVED it. The cabin was spotless and modern. When we walked around the mountain, we noticed that our cabin seemed the most secluded so we were very happy we chose the "Just Us" cabin - VERY private. We absolutely loved it! (My husband was pleasantly surprised by the good coffee that was there, instead of something cheap.)

Room Tip: The "Just Us" cabin seemed like the best one to us.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lois A
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Our cabin was charming, spotless, with all the modern conveniences. It did not have wi-fi, but TV and cell coverage. We were well pleased. I enjoyed setting on both the deck and patio. Plus the hot tub on the deck, in the midst of nature was great. Very well built and maintained.

Room Tip: They have cabins that allow pets.
Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We stayed in #4 Sugar Shack. The cabin was small and quaint for a couple with everything all accessible in one big room. There is a futon for additional sleeping for a family. The balcony was mostly secluded with rocking chairs and hot tub. We had two little kittens visit us during our stay. We brought food and drink and didn't really need to leave if we didn't have to. Although it was a rainy few days we decided to go hiking on Skyline Dr. Which is only another 10 min drive from here so that was very convenient. We definitely want to come back again and enjoy staying in one of the other many cabins as it looks like each one has something unique to offer. So glad we learned of Lydia cabins and until next time ....

The only gripes we had were the bathroom mirror looked like it wasn't holding it place very well in its frame like it could slide out. The futon/ couch wasn't very comfortable to sit on but we didn't spend much time there. The kitchen was well equipped but an addition of basic non stick frying pan would of helped in making breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed 13 September 2016

My husband and I first stayed at Lydia Mountain when we were just dating. We loved it so much that we decided to get married there :) We have stayed several times in a few different cabins and all of them were exceptional. I will say that the Sugar Shack is our personal favorite though. It is just the perfect place for a romantic weekend. We have also stayed at Luvin' in the Woods which is the same size and also perfect for couples. For our wedding we rented Dancing Bear and The Crooked Oak cabins. They are perfect for a family get away. The view from the Crooked Oak is breath taking! All of the cabins that I have stayed in have exceeded my expectations. Clean, comfortable and inviting. We will definitely be coming back for years to come.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaseyNichols
Reviewed 22 August 2016

What a breathtakingly beautiful place!! The peace, privacy, beauty and rest we found there is second to none. My husband and I live at the beach, so we are no strangers to amazing sights, sounds and smells. But, Lydia Mountain, and the Mountain Paradise cabin in particular, take the cake. Leaving actually hurt but I was comforted in knowing that we will be returning. My heart has found its home. I told my husband that, if we never vacationed anywhere else but here again, I would be perfectly happy. I cannot recommend Lydia Mountain enough. Janice in the reservation department was so pleasant. We ran into one of the maintenance men when we were walking around the area. I wish we had thought to ask his name because he was really nice and helpful. The housekeeping in the cabin was impeccable. It is amazing how clean and new everything appears, especially knowing how popular the cabins are. And, the smell of the cabin? Pure wood perfection and unbelievably comforting. If you are thinking about going to Lydia Mountain Lodge and Cabins, just do it. You will not be disappointed. Thank you, Lydia Mountain and Mountain Paradise, for an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Mountain Paradise was AMAZING!!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple