All reviews waffles front desk metro station free shuttle room was clean free breakfast springfield mall hard boiled eggs large mall the breakfast area night's sleep fresh fruit the rooms were nice plenty of free parking visit dc dc area would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Comfort Inn and Best Western offer the most affordable rates in Springfield, VA. I got a lower than normal rate by booking directly with Choice hotels and paying up-front. I have not seen the special again though.

Location: Springfield mall was across the street. If you cross the street and the parking lot, you can see Maggiano's Italian restaurant. Bed, Bath, and Beyond was near by. Also in the building across the street and to the right was a deli that was open for breakfast. Hotel is next to the Wingate and Hilton. Comfort Inn offers a shuttle to the metro.

Lobby: Coffee and tea available but no decaf tea the night I was there. No tea flavors other than a generic pekoe. Coffee was warm/not hot at 8 pm. Cookies on the front desk counter. No sitting area in the lobby. Nice crystal chandeliers. Front desk clerk did not greet or welcome me but check-in was fine. Breakfast area was dark.

Room: Two double beds - bed was not hard or soft. 4 pillows on each bed. Large desk, Medium TV. Large refrigerator (bigger than normal hotel size). Microwave. Chair was in the corner, so it would make watching TV inconvenient since the TV was positioned across from the beds. Bathroom had enough counter space. Amenities: Small citrus shampoo, hair conditioner, two soaps. Hair dryer. Nicely folded towels (like at 4 star hotels). Coffee maker and tea (decaf too) in the room. Rental car office (Budget and Avis) in the lobby on the way to the elevators. It was open at 7:30 am when I went by.

Breakfast was 6 am - 10 am weekdays, not sure about weekend hours. Make your own waffles, frozen pressed eggs (looked like a pancake with a blob of yellow) - edible. Sausage. Pastries/muffins. Chocolate muffin was really yucky, more chemically than the kind you can get at the grocery store. Fresh fruit (apples, banana, pears), yogurt. Juice, coffee.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank GodLovesYou
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Room was not huge or fancy but very comfortable. The bathroom was clean. This is not a luxury hotel and it has some run down parts but very nicely decorated in other aspects. Great value for the price paid. Bed was comfortable and attractive. Breakfast was good but the eggs were not freshly made. Breakfast drinks and other items were very adequate. I would recommend this as a clean place to stay for a decent price. Rental car agency in the lobby area of the hotel was an added amenity.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I like the Choice Hotel brand and prefer to stay at Comfort Suites whenever possible but this Comfort Inn was more convenient for the Amtrak station. I really like this hotel. The lobby is really pretty. Unexpected for a Comfort Inn. It looks like a five star hotel in the lobby. The room was very comfortable and clean. I found no issues with cleanliness or maintenance. It felt like a comfort suites with the king size bed, sofa, and desk. The bed linens were fresh and in good shape. I was impressed and will definitely stay again. Only negatives - My room faced west so there was quite a bit of highway noise. I also had a problem understanding the desk clerk at check in. He had a very thick accent and spoke fast and I really couldn't understand what he was saying. I would suggest speaking slower maybe so customers can understand better?

Room tip: South/Westerly facing rooms get a lot of highway noise
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this Hotel for 9 nights during the Christmas Holidays. I Arrived Friday Night, my room was on the 4th floor #465, vibration of club music kept me awake Friday and Saturday night, the following Saturday same thing, other wise no other complaints, great service, breakfast was great, front desk friendly and very helpful. My rental car got a flat tire and Budget has an office right on the hotel premises and I was able to switch cars without any problems. There's also a shuttle to the metro which you can take to go to Ronald Regan airport. Room was very clean and housekeeping did a great job cleaning the room every night. There's a laundry on premises which I found very helpful.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Rosa C
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I booked it through Bookit.com which noted it comes with breakfast but when I checked in front desk said since I booked it through a 3rd party breakfast was not included. Not sure why that would matter but in the end the room was fine.

Date of stay: December 2017