“Poor accommodations, non-existent service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandston Inn

and 1 more site!
Sandston Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sandston B&B and Inns
Buffalo, New York
“Poor accommodations, non-existent service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I've stayed in several Red Roofs over the years and like the clean, basic, low-cost accommodations so I chose to stay here overnight before starting a new job in Richmond. Red Roof is usually a dependable choice...except in Sandston. At check-in, the desk clerk was barely communicative. Room highlights: Two non-operative light fixtures. A very dirty carpet and dust nuggest throughout the room. No shampoo in the bathroom. No coffee for the in-room coffeemaker. A CRT TV which didn't even tune in any local network affiliates and had no picture on ESPN.

When I complained to Red Roof corporate, they refunded the full price of the stay because they couldn't get local management to call them back.

Room Tip: If you want a good Red Roof experience in Richmond, book their other hotel at I-95 and Bells Rd.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nlaup
Red_Roof_Sandston, General Manager at Sandston Inn, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
We appreciate you being a loyal Red Roof Inn guest. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the issues you had at this property. We strive to offer exceptional customer service to all of our guests and we also have high standards in our guest satisfaction. I empathize with you about the problems you endured during your stay here. We have recently implemented new practices and procedures to rectify the issues you had. The quality of our rooms has been our main focus. We would like to offer you a chance to come see our improvements. Please contact me at the property if you would like to discuss reservations.
Amanda Green
Red Roof Inn #676
804.440.5770

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Do not stay here! I've stayed here before on 2 different occasions and the hotel was ok for the price. I stayed here again last weekend and will never ever stay again! The place was infested with roaches and bugs!! yuck! everything just feels dirty. The crowd staying at this hotel are people you would never want to associate with!! Neighbors were dirty old drunk men! Horrible experience! Never again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RKT1
Ashland, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

Beware when they offer to take you to airport to deliver your rental car-while you are there the other employees are in your room ramsacking your personal items. We were exhausted from our trip and not thinking real clear. We left a gift card in our room, when we got home it was gone. We had our sales slip adn were able to trace it. It was bought in Kentucky where we live. It was used at a Christopher Banks store in Richmond at a mall we had never been to. The description of the male working at the front desk matched the description of the male with a small child that used our card at the Christopher Banks store. The Red Roof Inn, Christopher Banks or police would do anything. They set you up. They make everything so convenient so they can steal from you. BEWARE-IT RUINED MY CHRISTMAS AS I SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THE GIFT CARD ANDHAD NOTHING TO GIVE IN ITS PLACE. What a shame to not only steal but then use it with an inncoent chilD at your side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank BRAM32
Red_Roof_Sandston, Manager at Sandston Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
I appreciate your response and I apologize for the incident that occurred during your stay. We recently changed ownership in November 2010. At this property we strive to maintain a good rapport with our guests. I sincerely apologize that this occurred during your stay. We work hard to ensure that these occurrences do not happen at this property. Each guest’s information is kept confidential to ensure that these types of occurrences do not take place. If you find yourself back in the Sandston area please stop by the property to view our changes. We would love to retain you as one of our guests, give us a chance to make this right. I ensure you that we will change your perception of this property and also offer you the exceptional service that you did not receive in the past. Thank you and I hope to see you soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

The clerk at the desk was very had to talk to, due to the fact he didn't speak English very well. I'm pretty sure English is the primary language in VA. If you want ice, you better bring your own. Not a single ice machine work. The pool looks like it has not been cleaned all summer. I've swam in lake water that was cleaner. Over all, this hotel sucks. Never again for me or my family. Spend the extra $20 or $30 and stay away from here.

• Stayed December 2009
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

My daughter is currently staying at this hotel with a large group and it is INFESTED with bed bugs. The staff knew about this before the group got there and is not doing anything about it and is not concerned. Because they are a large group there is not another hotel for them to move to.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank school4mom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandston
0.3 km away
1.7 km away
Hampton Inn Richmond-Airport
1.7 km away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Richmond Airport

Been to Sandston Inn? Share your experiences!