“Not yout typical K&W”

Add it.
K & W Cafeterias
Ranked #26 of 114 Restaurants in Salem
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Its not typical to go to a K&W at 1230 pm and be the only ones in line. Most have a pretty good wait. Maybe its the strip mall location. Actually the food was mostly good, the exception being a bag salad not particularly fresh. My dad bragged on the chicken soup. The servers were very friendly. The service in the dining room, however, lacked, lot more conversing with acquaintances than refilling drinks. Overall an average lunch experience.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Stopped in around 7:15 on a Wednesday night. Got through the serving line fairly quickly and employees were friendly. Unfortunately, that was the highlight of the night.

My fried chicken was hard and greasy. My wife got the turkey and it was cold. Never saw a waiter or waitress - i finally ended up getting the tea pitcher and refilling our drinks myself.

My parent used ot love eating at K&W, but this one is totally unacceptable.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Employees were friendly and quick to wait on you going thru the line. My favorite food is macaroni and cheese and it was really good there. Turkey and dressing good also. Also server that took care of our table was attentive and made sure we had plenty of refills and the drinks.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The first night we went here, we were either very hungry or it was a novelty. Our family was kind of confused how this process worked as we are from the North and aren't familiar with this sort of restaurant. However, we chose what we thought we'd like and it came to about $30 for the three of us. It wasn't like eating a real meal, more like a bunch of sides. The sweet tea both night was EXCELLENT and if I lived there, I could see myself getting addicted to it. The next time we went the food was not up to the previous evening. The mac and cheese was watery and had a bad taste. Again, we spent about $30. You have no clue how the little side dishes add up as you slide down the line. If you wanted to go there for coffee and pie, it would be reasonable. Otherwise, i'd prefer to go to Golden Corral and get all you can eat for one price. The plus was the staff--very nice and kind. The young man pouring drinks for patrons worked very hard and was polite and deserves a big raise!

Reviewed 19 August 2017

This morning I got to have breakfast at K & W. I picked up my wife at the airport, she was hungry and this K & W was handy. In fairness to K & W, few will beat the breakfast I make at home. My wife ordered one egg scrambled, I ordered two. I love to watch Negro cooks, they have a flair for cooking like nobody else, an observation from 37 years trucking! On her flat grill, she poured the one egg, then the two. With a long flat spatula, she nursed those two puddles of egg into shape and put them on our plates, cooked to perfection. Pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage, gravy and biscuits, several kinds of bread and toasts, cereals, the usual list, not everything, but enough you can cobble a breakfast to satisfy you. My wife and I noticed something we had not had in a long time, corned beef hash, so we both had a serving. Very good! I like to put yellow mustard on mine, didn't see any set out, had to ask for some. It was packets I had to cut open and squeeze out, kind of messy. Honey for my toast was in tubs, another kind of messy. I did not see any salsa, I like some over my eggs. There was a hot sauce, not the McIlhenny TABASCO I prefer. Our attendant was not as attentive as I think she should have been, not K & W's fault, her's. After so many years on the road, I've become more fussy than most. My wife was more satisfied with her breakfast than I was with mine. A cafeteria, everything has a price and can add up fast, so be careful.

Been to K & W Cafeterias? Share your experiences!